Chapter 1

In the Castle, the queen had begun her labor in giving birth. Struggling on the bed, unsettling grunts came out of her mouth as the king held her hand, trying to calm her down.

The Legendary Talisman! Give it to me! the king blurted out to the priest in panic.

Yes, your highness. The priest remained calm and walked briskly towards the king, the red paper talisman on his hand.

As the talisman touched the hands of the king, a swirling portal opened on the other side of the room, leaving everybody else in shock. From the portal, a purple haired woman, wearing black overalls, came. And in a flash, she took the talisman and held it stylishly between two fingers.

Tempora! How dare you! the king raged. As he swiftly engaged the woman in battle.

Tempora frowned, Your highness. This will be your payment for exiling our tribe. Goodbye.

As she prepared to exit, the portal suddenly shook and began rapidly changing its colors. The woman tried to dive but as she touched the portal, she was repelled by it. The force was so strong that it knocked both her and the King away. The talisman in her hands was gone. As it was drifting slowly to the portal.

Only the crackling sound of the portal can be heard. As no one dared to speak nor move as they watched the talisman dance in the air, only for it to finally enter the portal.

No!

The alarm rang, waking a dark-haired boy up. He was average in height and is not very muscular. Just your average teen.

He grunted as he reached for the alarm. Gods, who set this alarm? he whispered.

He shut the noise down and he sat on his bed. Its Saturday. He mumbled, still groggy.

As he prepared to stand up, a red piece of paper suddenly appeared in the middle of the room.

What the hell? Jaden looked around, checking if someone pranked him so early in the morning. Seeing no one, he went and picked up the paper.

Its a custom character pass. Jaden chuckled slightly, What a silly prank. So early in the morning. He thought.

He sighed deeply and tore the paper into two.

One Custom Character Creation Pass used. Now initiating process. A voice rang in Jadens mind, leaving his eyes wide open. Still trying to find where the voice came from, the world began to flicker.

He panicked as he tried to open the door of his room.

Hey! he shouted. Help!

Seconds later, everything had flickered into nothing.

Jaden cant believe his eyes and all hope had left him. But then in that void, a blue interface appeared. It showed a full-body figure of Jaden, with the word Jaden on top. Next to it was six status values—Vitality, Dexterity, Strength, Mentality, Intelligence, and Resilience. And it all came with arrows on its left and right.

Jaden was still down, and still hasnt thought of a way to go back home, so he tried touching the buttons. He touched one and it had reacted accordingly. Immediately after, he tried to find an exit button.

Fortunately, he found one. Unfortunately, it doesnt work.

He sighed and gave the interface a tired stare. What the hell is all this?

He just went and followed the interface. He maxed out on all the stats and gave himself 99999 skill points—which was the maximum number of skill points one can have. Then finally, he clicked on Create.