Chapter 4

They've been walking for hours now. And they've hunted so much monsters already. But unfortunately, they didn't get even one Bestial Armament.

"Are bestial armaments that rare? I got two on me already. Seems like I was lucky." Jaden thought.

Jaden was the one who's carrying their camping items while Zena was the one who mainly attacks, since Jaden is already carrying something.

When they reached a clearing, it was already nearing sunset, so they decided to set up camp right there.

Jaden really didn't know much about camping using such undeveloped tools but as he tried to, an announcement rang in his mind. "Acquired Skill: Camping."

Jaden was amused by the system's skill providence since it was so handy.

He opened his interface and added one skill point to each of his existing skills. Then he noticed a timer on the top of the interface.

"61 hours left, huh?" Jaden thought out loud. "We have plenty of time."

As the two of them finished setting up their tents, Zena stood at the center and began to recite some gibberish-- well, that's what Jaden heard, because Zena was casting a spell.

Jaden stood there quietly as she watched Zena do her thing, her hair was waving from the energy and a giant rune appeared on the ground, partially illuminating the darkness of dusk.

"What was that?" Jaden asked.

"You ALSO don't know that?" Zena was shocked again, "Just where did you come from?"

"You don't have to tease me every time I ask something." Jaden said, sulking on purpose, "I'm new here, you know?"

Zena smiled as she crossed her arms, "It's a Barrier spell. To keep monsters away."

Jaden sighed and said, "I'll be back with some meat, do you know how to cook?"

"Of course!" Zena answered with pride, "I'll build a fire, then."

Jaden went outside the barrier and summoned his Night's Blessing and Iron-Horned Dagger. He wandered around for a bit, trying to find some small but high-grade beast since that would probably be packed with taste and stat points.

He saw his prey, a chicken, with jade talons and shiny feathers. It was certainly very eye-catching in this dark forest.

He casually walked beside it since his presence was completely masked by his cloak. And with one quick stab, he slit the chicken's neck.

"Mutant Creature: Jade Rooster killed. Bestial Armament Gained. Eat its meat to gain 1 to 10 mutant stat points."

"Another armament!" Jaden shouted in his mind. He smiled triumphantly since he was very lucky.

Jaden had his third armament already, in his excitement, he checked the armament.

"Bestial Armament Type: Wings. Special Ability: Illuminate."

"Wings!" Jaden mumbled in complete shock. He stood there for a moment contemplating what happened. "Wings." he repeated.

He immediately grabbed the corpse of the chicken and went back to the camp. He immediately saw Zena beside a flame, crouched into a small sphere fanning the flame.

"Hey, Zena!" Jaden shouted as he entered the barrier, "I got a wing-type armament!"

Zena looked at Jaden with wide eyed for a moment, but then it turned into a mocking smile.

"I don't believe you." she said before returning her attention to the fire.

But then, a light surrounded both the camp and the forest. Which attracted Zena's attention.