Chapter 2

Jaden, amazed by the continuous turn of events, sprinted towards the city. The city was huge, with city walls circling it and a castle towering above every other building. And unlike cities in Earth, the nature around was completely unharmed. It excited Jaden even more as it looked more and more of a fun fantasy.

"This world sure is amazing." Jaden seemed to forget all his worries about the past world as he fully accepted this new world he's in.

As he neared the city gates, guards clad in iron armor paid full attention to him, assessing if he is a threat or not. "Hey, you! Kid! Where are you from?" a guard shouted.

Jaden didn't know how to answer this for he came from Earth. And although there was every reason to lie, he just said, "If I remember, I'm from Earth."

"And what is your reason for coming all the way to Gala?" the guard demanded another answer. "No real reason. I was lost that's all."

"Is there a place called Earth here? Or do they know Earth?" Jaden thought, but he immediately shrugged it off.

"Hmmm..." the guard eyed Jaden suspiciously before saying something to the guards. "Hey, you! Are you a Player?" the guard asked.

"Uh, what's a player?" Jaden chuckled awkwardly. Some guards mumbled to themselves, "Someone actually doesn't know about the 'Players' existence?" or things like "What kind of clothes are those?"

"A Player is a person that is blessed with magic." The guard said, "And since you don't know what players are, you aren't one. Now, get lost!. Or we'll notify the higher ups about you!"

"Um, wait, mister. Can a player do this?" he asked as he summoned his Iron-Horned dagger.

"A player!" all of the guards' demeanor instantly changed into a polite one. "Yes, mister. Feel free to enter the city."

Jaden was a bit surprised by that. "It seems like these players are respectable people." He thought as he strided down the path towards the bustling city.

It looked as though the era here is in the medieval era. Cobblestone sidewalk, carts all around, horses for transportation, pretty run down houses, inns, all of them were present.

There were vendors all around, selling food and suspicious looking items that is supposedly gonna increase your battle efficiency. It was a lively city. But he was new to this world so he went back to the gates and tried to find a guard. He was planning to ask for information,

Through the guard, he learned a lot of the basics. Money-- one crystal is 100 platinum, one platinum is 100 gold, one gold is 100 silver, and one silver is 100 copper. Money can be gained through work or by selling animal meat to guilds. Bestial Armaments, on the other hand, costs a fortune. The cheapest Classic Armament costs 1 gold coin, while good Sacred Armaments can cost up to a crystal.

Jaden wasn't able to ask for more useful info so he just asked where he can find a guild. After getting that info, he went to the forest uphill and searched for the body of the Berserk Shadow Wolf. It was night when he returned to the city with the body.

He asked the guards for where he can sell the meat of this creature. He was told that there were at least one meatshop in every city but he doesn't know where the meatshops are located.

It was late in the night when he found a meatshop. He sold the whole wolf for 30 pieces of gold. He was doubting the price of the wolf and he wanted to make sure. He was about to ask the vendor if he was telling the real price when he heard the system notification

"New skill acquired: Undeceived." instantly after, a red exclamation point flashed above his head. "Is he lying?" Jaden thought, "Let's see."

Jaden summoned his Iron-Horned dagger and looked at the moon through its reflection. "Tell me, mister crook. What's the real price?" Jaden asked as the vendor gulped.