Chapter Twenty-Four

"Drive fucking faster. We're running out of time." Luke yelled from the back seat at the sheriff.

"I'm going as fast as I can." The sheriff responded

"Not fast enough. Step on it. Let's go." Luke shouted again leaning towards the Sheriff again.

"The hell Luke, sit still. Put your goddamn seatbelt on and act your age. The Sheriff going as fast as he can." Brent was just as frustrated as Luke. He wanted to find Bridget and get this all past him but Luke acting like a damn child wasn't helping either of them.

The time was nearing 7:00 and they had just entered the country side. All Luke could do was repeat '15 more minutes. 15 minutes'. He's so close to getting his family back but he felt uneasy at the same time
——————
"Wait no please. STOP IT. Mr. Smith, please. I'll listen. I'll do what you ask. Just don't do this. Mr. Smith." Smith had one to many drinks and couldn't get the idea of his wife and Luke out of his head.

"Even in this situation, I'm still Mr. Smith? 'Mr. Smith, Mr. Smith don't kill me.'" Smith laughed while dragging Bridget by her hair. Her feet were tied together and her hands bonded behind her back while she laid on her stomach being dragged to who knows where. It didn't help that she couldn't see what was happening either.

"Shut up. Stop your whining. This is all because of you. If you loved me the way I wanted then, none of this would be happening." Anytime Bridget made a noise Smith would yank her hair harder. In that moment all she could think about was Jason and Luke.

It wasn't long before Bridget felt a gush of wind on her face. They were outside, is this where it happens? Is he gonna kill me here? Bridget didn't like the feeling of being dragged along dirt but soon enough the pulling and yanking stopped altogether. Her blindfold was removed and she was staring up at Smith and a wood chopper.

"You see this bad boy? Well you and it get to be together. Limb by limb, I'll grind you up. Your screams will fill the air and I'll be happy knowing that you never get to be with Luke again." The tears started flowing down Bridgets face. I'm that moments, all the memories started flashing on her mind.

Her mom and her dad back when they were a perfect family when she was a kid. The first time she met Ashley and Brent. The time her mom remarried and she met Dave and Luke. All the fights her and Luke had. All the good nights too. The day Jason was born. All of it.

"Now let's get started." Smith crouched down time Bridgets level untying the rope from her legs. "No hard feelings right?" He smiled at her setting the rope to the side.

"Go screw yourself." Bridget kicked Mr. Smith across the face and he fell backwards to the ground. Since Bridgets hands were tied to her back it was quite difficult to get up but she rolled over to her side to prop herself on her knees, in order to get up as quickly as possible. She didn't know where she was or where she was going but she had to get away.

"Fucking bitch." Bridget didn't get far before she was hit in the back with a rope causing her to fall to her knees from the pain.

"Where's your night and shinning armor when you need him, am I right?" He joked while wrapping the rope around her neck and because her hands were still tied, she couldn't stop him from choking her. She felt herself slipping away.

"RIGHT OVER HERE DOUCHBAG." Mr. Smith was stunned by a sudden voice that he had loosen his grip around Bridgets neck allowing her to breath and the both of them looking up to who was speaking.

"I suggest you drop the rope and let Bridget go." Luke took long strides towards the two but kept his distance. He didn't want Mr. Smith to do anything rash.

"How shameful of you. It isn't even 7:00 yet. Release Bridget now." He was stern and kept an eye at Mr. Smiths hands.

"Luke...."

"Shush my love. Save your breath...WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU WAITING FOR?"

"I have the advantage here. No matter what happens, I can kill this bitch right here, so easily. She won't love me, she can't be allowed to love someone else." Smith frantically said.

"That's to late. She already loves someone else. Way before you. She's been in love with someone for a long time. Even though that person didn't deserve her, even though he fucked up every chance he had with her, she loves him. Everyday he questions why? Was he to forceful with her? Did she like him, because he liked her first? When will her love for him run out? However, not having her by his side again made him remember that he's nothing without her. She completes him. So this man that loves her, needs her."

Smith bursted into laughter. No way was this real.

"It's too late. Like I said." Mr. Smith reached under his shirt to pull out a gun and aimed it at Bridgets head.

"Mr. Smith drop your weapon and release Bridget." The sheriff and other cops came from beind the trees to assist in the situation.

"Took you guys long enough." Luke whispered to Brent who came in with them.

"I had no idea that there was this many farms in this area alone...but we found Candy too." Luke looked at Brent in disgust.

"Let the cops deal with her. Capture her ass. Bridget and Jason are here that's all I need to know... hey, where's Jason?" Luke called out to Smith who laughed uncontrollably.

"Well I'm pretty sure your girlfriend took care of him already. He's probably dead in a ditch somewhere."

"You'll be the one six feet under right now, I'll tell you that. GIVE ME BACK MY SON." Luke yelled wanting to punch Smith but any sudden move caused him to tighten the rope around Bridgets neck.

"Cool it Luke. I'll get Jason. Just make sure that Bridgets gets home safe." Brent said before running away from everyone with a couple of cops towing behind.

Even though Bridget wasn't in Luke's arms yet, Smith was surrounded. Nowhere to escape and every gun aiming at him. I guess that's when reality set for Smith.

"No. NO THIS CANT BE HAPPENING. IT WASN'T SUPPOSE TO BE THIS WAY. NO." The rope was loosening even more around Bridgets neck and she could finally properly breath.

"Go....to hell bastard." Bridget through her head back and head bumped Smith in the face causing him to drop the gun, rope and fall backwards. "MY NOSE." He screamed out in pain. Bridget immediately ran over to Luke, where he untied her wrist and she could finally embraced him.

"Capture him. NOW." The sheriff barked. "Finally. This is all over."
——————————-

"We are here to give the people a news update. As of now Luke's Reed family, hid actual girlfriend Bridget and son Jason have been found safe and sound. They are currently in Brooke hospital undergoing test and recovery from malnourisment. The perpetrators were Luke's ex girlfriend Candy and his ex employee Alex Smith. The two are in police custody awaiting for trail. In other news....." Luke turned off the tv after hearing the only thing that was important to him. He looked at a sleeping Bridget and Jason and was filled with joy that they were back with him.

It felt like forever that they were gone and now they are safe. Luke was glad because he need his family, he was nothing without them. Maybe to the outside world he was, The Luke Reed but Bridget completes him. The two of them by his side, that's exactly the way it's suppose to be.
——————————————-

Bridget and Jason are safe and sound. Luke has his family back together. Smith and Candy are going to jail, isn't everything just goin well? The conclusion of this book is coming soon, let me know how you guys feel about that, in the comments.