55 [box]

"Really?" Yunho asks as he plops down on the sofa, switching on the television as he attempts to talk to Byul who's sitting on the high chair at the kitchen island. "How did you know that Hwayoung's birthday is on the 6th of November?"

"Hongjoong told me, and I wanted to ask you since you're her father... but missing a day of kindergarten wouldn't hurt, right?" she grimaces before quickly adding, "I just wanted to spend some time with her on her birthday. If she wants to, that is."

"Just both of you?" He blinks his eyes as he hugs the cushion to his chest. "I mean... can I come along too?" He sticks out his lower lip.

She chuckles. "Why do you want to? It's supposed to be a girls' day out." She rests her elbows on the back of the chair as she looks at him. "And I thought that you wouldn't want to do anything with me after that night."

"It's not that I want to spend time with you," he huffs before looking away, sulking. "I still won't want to leave her alone all day with you."

She smirks. "Well then, you can come along, since you're worried about me doing something to your child. I hope you like eating ice cream, shopping for unicorn plushies and going on merry-go-rounds, though."

"Of course I do!" he fights back. "I've been doing that with Hwayoung for the past months."

"Relax," she says. "I'm not going to take her away from you, it's just one day. Don't be so petty."

"I'm not being petty." But he looks like a child as he crosses his arms, completely ignoring the documentary on the television he flipped to. "I come together or Hwayoung's not going out with you."

"Gosh, you're such a baby do you know that?" She rolls her eyes before jumping off the chair and walking towards him. She reaches out her hand and ruffles his hair, talking to him in a fake baby-voice, "Of course you can come with us, Mr. Jeong. I'll buy you all the ice cream you want and we can-"

"Seriously guys, again?" Yeosang walks over to the fridge, grumbling as he takes out a box of popsicles. He takes out one strawberry-flavoured popsicle and bites it before he realizes that Byul is staring at him like he's an intruder. Maybe he is. "What?"

"Why did you dye your hair to hot pink?" Byul asks, pulling her hand away from Yunho's hair.

"Why not? I look good in pink, and no, you can't tell me otherwise. We just dyed our hair because it's a new era for us," Yeosang says cryptically.

Yunho knits his brows before looking at Byul, who's looking at Yeosang with the same expression he has on, but there's a slight twitch at the corner of her mouth.

"I'm kidding," Yeosang deadpans, his eyes shifting towards Byul before uttering, "We dyed it just for fun."

"We?" she asks again, but there's a difference in her tone that Yunho does not pick up. He's too busy trying to switch off the television.

"Uh-uh. Seonghwa dyed his hair back to black and San opted for a green shade. Just something fresh for us." He takes one large bite off the popsicle before adding, "Gotta look good anytime, anywhere."

"Priorities," Yunho comments.

Byul's expression has changed as she walks away from the living room and enters her bedroom, which is still only made up of a single mattress with her clothes and necessities arranged on the shelves they collectively assembled for her.

Maybe she could get a new wardrobe, or a proper bed, but it would be a waste of time when she probably won't be around here anymore to use them. She locks the door, then gathers her purse and the box that looks funny because it was taped with duct tape hastily.