Chapter 5

EDITED
Izuku's POV~

We made it to my apartment building and they insisted on helping me to my apartment. They both look worried and kind of, well... really guilty. I wasn't sure why. It's not like they were the ones that threw me into a brick wall.

I fished my keys out of my pocket and handed them to Kacchan, who unlocked the door and let all of us in. Their eyes traveled over my two bedroom apartment in slight wonder. "It's not much, but I'm nearly never home, so it works well." I said with a shrug.

Kirishima lead me over to my couch and gently set me down, sitting next to me. "If you're the number one hero, can't you afford like, a mansion and stuff?" He asked me.

I sighed at his question. People talk about the money way to often. "Hypothetically yes. I don't use a lot of the money I get. I use enough to live here comfortably. The rest goes to my mom, a few other family friends that need some extra help right now, a few different charities, and then savings." I explained. "I don't care about money, as long as me and the people I care about can survive, that's all I need. Money wasn't why I became a pro." I said with a shrug.

"That's highly... noble, of you." Kirishima said. I swear I saw respect cross over his features, but it was gone to fast. I nodded, being used to people saying that.

I looked to where Kacchan was leaning against my wall with his arms crossed. "Hey Kacchan?" I asked him sweetly.

"What'd you need nerd?" He asked me with an eye roll.

My smile grew, "Could you grab the pain killers that are on the bathroom sink? Please?" I asked, using my best puppy dog eyes. He stared at me for a second before walking down the hall, trying to find my bathroom. I swear I saw a faint pink dust his cheeks.

"Second door on the left!" I shouted to him.

A few seconds later, he walked back in holding the bottle I asked him to grab. "Deku, why are half of these already gone?" He asked me skeptically, looking at the prescription label. Kirishima looked at me worriedly.

"Oh calm down! I'm not popping pain killers to get through the day." I said with a laugh. "I get hurt pretty frequently, but I got pretty beat up two weeks ago and these are the left overs from then because I didn't take all of them." I said to them with a joking tone. They wouldn't be the first people to see them and think I was a drug addict. It was a little startling actually. Maybe I should stop getting hurt so much.

Nah.

"Jesus nerd, take better fucking care of yourself." Kacchan said, throwing my the bottle.

"I'll try. Thanks Kacchan." I said, opening the bottle and taking two pills out. I swallowed them dry, startling the two boys further.

"How often do you take those?" Kirishima asked.

"I already told you, I get injured a lot. I've been on a lot of things, and I've just gotten used to swallowing pills." I told him, again. It went quiet for a few moments, but not uncomfortable. 

"You guys can leave if you want. Or you can hang out here. Whatever you guys want to do." I said, grabbing the remote off my coffee table and flipping on Netflix.

"Would you even be okay if we left?" Kirishima asked with a teasing grin.

I playfully rolled my eyes at him. "Of course." I said, wincing right after from reaching to far. "Once the pain killers kick in." I added, as Kacchan walked past and handed me the blanket I was trying to reach for.

"Thanks." I said, giving him a soft smile.

"Don't mention it." He mumbled. "Scoot." He ordered. I only had one couch, and currently I was laying across most of is with my feet on Kirishima's lap.

"You're telling the cripple to move in their own house?" I asked him, mocking offense.

"Fine." He said, leaving me puzzled for only second before he gentle picked me up, being cautious of my side, and sitting down, placing me on his lap once he was comfortable.

I squealed while he did it, getting  a laugh out of Kirishima before he groaned in pain when I accidentally kicked him. "Oh my gosh Kiri I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to." I apologized.

I was in Kacchan's lap and I could feel his chest vibrate as he laughed at the other boy and I. "Calm down nerd, Shitty hair can take a hit." He said to me.

"Yeah, I'm all good. It just knocked the air out of me for a sec, but it's all good now." He said, rubbing the spot on his chest where I hit him.

"I'm really sorry!" I said again.

"He said it was fine. He's okay. Just pick something for us to watch." Kacchan said sternly.

I hesitantly took my eyes off of Kirishima and moved to scroll through Netflix, hunting for something good.

"Wait, did you call me Kiri?" Kirishima asked after a few seconds of silence.

I felt my face heat up at being called out, but tried to stay as cool and calm as possible. "Is that a problem? I just figured since I have a nickname for Kacchan, I'd give you one to. I can stop if you want?" I asked, not taking my eyes off the screen until my last question.

"No, no by all means call me whatever you want. I was just wondering." Kiri said with a light smirk. I turned a slightly darker shade of red and went back to the tv, settling for a random sitcom.

Somehow, I was able to actually fall asleep. But not before I heard soft voices, I couldn't make out what they were saying, but I knew they were there. It was oddly comforting.

I wasn't so lonely anymore.