Chapter 15

Short little time skip, only a week.

Izuku's POV~

It's been about a week since I started dating Kiri and Kacchan. It's been... really great. All of us are pretty busy with work, so we only get to really spend a few hours of the day together, but those few hours are definitely worth while. Usually we all just hang around my apartment and cuddle, watching tv or just simply talking to each other. I hadn't realize just how lonely and touch starved I've been for the past few years.

I was walking into my apartment after a shorter patrol than usual. It was a pretty quiet night, so I was able to head out early. It was probably around one in the morning, so I was expecting my boyfriends to either be past out here or their own house, or at work. I was pleasantly surprised when they weren't doing either of those things.

I walked into the apartment and saw a faint glow in the kitchen, coming from a few tall candles placed on the center of my kitchen table. The rest of the lights in the house were off. I was only confused for two seconds, when Kiri and Kacchan appeared near the table. Kiri was wearing his biggest smile and Kacchan was even faintly smiling. I threw my shoes off and walked over to them.

"What's all this?" I asked, giving Kacchan a hug first, seeing as he was closest, and then giving one to Kiri.

"Well we realize we'd never all been on a date before, and with all of our hectic work schedules, we figured this would be the best option." Kiri explained.

I nearly died right then and there. They are literally the two best things that had ever happened to me up until that point in my life. They were both so caring and thoughtful. Even Kacchan and all his moodiness. Fuck, I think I'm starting to love them.

I kept my thoughts to myself and just pulled them both into a group hug. It was a common occurrence with us. "Thank you guys." I said softly.

"You're welcome kitten, but really all I did was light the candles. Kat made all the food." Kiri said, elbowing our blonde boyfriend.

"Yeah, well you would have either burnt the fucking food or the house, so there wasn't much of an option." Kacchan said with his ever present scowl on his face.

"He's not wrong." Kiri admitted.

I laughed at how defeated he sounded. "I know Kiri, you burnt the rice you put in the microwave." I said, remembering a few days ago. I figured a fully grown man could cook rice in a microwave. I was severely mistaken.

"I can't believe you cooked rice in the fucking microwave." Kacchan said in disappointment. "And you burnt it!"

"Okay, when did this become the 'pick on Eijirou' date?" Kiri asked in offense.

"When you burnt the fucking rice."

"Can't we just move on?!"

"C'mon guys, let's just sit down and not talk about Eiji's cooking anymore." I said, laughing as I pointed to the table. I just got off of work, I was hungry, sue me.

We all sat down as the red head kept talking. "Eiji?" He asked curiously.

"I'm trying out a new nickname." I said with a shrug.

"What was wrong with Kiri?" He asked.

"Nothing, but it didn't seem like something you call your boyfriend I guess. It wasn't... intimate enough?" I couldn't find the right word to describe it, but I definitely picked the wrong one.

He wiggled his eyebrows jokingly at me. "Gosh, not like that! Intimacy doesn't have to be sexual, you animal!" I laughed out. He shot me a wink, and we changed the topic.

"How was patrol?" Kacchan asked me. He's gotten more calm around me, and when he's calm he tends to clean up his language a little bit. It's strange, not that I'm complaining or anything.

"Fine, absolutely nothing happened. A bit boring honestly." I said with a shrug. "How was work? Didn't you guys have a shift tonight too?" I asked them.

"Yeah, pretty boring too." Kiri responded.

That's when it dawned me that they've never actually said what they do. I kind of felt like a terrible boyfriend, but they've just never said anything and anytime it gets brought up, they're always rushing out the door, so I never have time to ask.

"I'm about to sound like a terrible boyfriend when I ask this, but what do you guys even do?" I asked them, cringing as I ask.

They both looked like deer caught in headlights. I tilted my head to the side, giving them a questioning look.

"U-um, like what's our job? Like what we do for a living?" Kiri asked nervously.

I gave him a slightly concerned look. "Yeah?" I said, dragging the word out in a question.

"Uh-"

"We're bartenders." Kacchan cut in quickly.

They both seemed really relieved with his sudden answer. I know I can be a naïve idiot quite frequently, but this seemed overly suspicious.

"Are you positive?" I asked them, more as a joke than anything. They just didn't seem very confident in that answer. What were they hiding? Were they secretly stripers or something?

"Why the fuck wouldn't we be?" Kacchan asked me defensively.

Well that was another red flag.

"Why are you so defensive about it?" I asked him with a cocked eyebrow. I wanted to trust them, but there were some serious warning lights going off. Why couldn't they just tell me what they did for a living? Where they were always running off to at a moments notice? I felt like that was something I had the right to know.

Realistically, how bad could it actually be?

"I'm not getting defensive." He said, this time deadly calm. It was unsettling. He avoided eye contact and distracted himself with the lines in the wood of the table.

I looked over at Kiri, still wanting an answer. A real answer. He gave me absolutely nothing. It was awkwardly quiet until Kiri broke it. He always seemed to be the one trying to defuse tension.

Of course he has to do it in the most awkward way possible, but I guess it works.

"Katsuki read 'Where the Red Fern Grows' last year and he cried for two days straight." He suddenly said out of nowhere.

Kacchan lunged for him and I had to try and hold them apart while suppressing my continuous laughs. Once Kacchan finally calmed down, we were able to continue dinner, the tense moment gone.

But I wasn't going to let it go that easy.