Panic

TRIGGER WARNINGS

Abusive Relationships,/Panic attacks//abuse//

SUMARRY:

I want some wholesome Alex and Winn content so...

Alex starts to see signs that Winn's mental health may be spiralling and he and Lyra's relationship may not be in the healthiest spot.

_______________________________________

Alex's POV

"I'm just saying, maybe its time to actually consider taking a break from men" I poked at my sister Kara, an offended look appearing across the others face.

"Ok, I see how it is, Miss Alex I've had 5 boyfriends during the whole of highschool Danvers" She retorted, causing the surrounding accompaniments to hiss at the comeback, Winn, J'onn, and James clearly enjoying this bickering.

"Um excuse me, that's 5 boyfriends in four years. You've practically had 4 boyfriends in two years!" I exclaimed, Winn choked on his beer in response and the rest of the table were going into a fit of laughter. These moments are the ones i love, the five of us chilling and just being friends, with no alien interferences or agent dilemmas. Just friends hanging out. Suddenly a pair of arms slithered their way around Winn's chest, making his happy demeanour slightly tense.

"Hi baby, I thought you said you were staying home tonight?" The woman said in a soft yet slightly harsh tone, making my blood slightly boil. The woman is Lyra, Winn's girlfriend of 1 year, the longest relationship he's had. I've tried to like her, trust me i have, but after that incident with the art and her brother I am constantly suspicious of her and whether or not she is still using Winn for another masterful scheme of hers. Also, i treat Winn like a little brother and she hurt him which is something anyone will pay for.

"Oh yeah baby. I told you this morning that I was coming here and that i will be home tomorrow" He smiled, lightly taking her hand from his chest and kissing it softly. His eyes looked full of lust, love and emotion, but they also showed a tinge of fear that made me curious. And then i saw him wince slightly and i looked to see her starting to subtly dig her fingernails into his hand, i glared at the sight and looked to see if anyone else noticed but they all were smiling, blinded by how cute the couple looked on the exterior. Lyra leaned in to whisper something into his ear which was incoherent to the rest of us, and made Winn's smile waver slightly but he immediately balanced it again.  I tried to brush past it, i'm sure it is nothing. Winn seems incredibly happy and I should just accept that.

"Ok, love you" he cooed and she smiled, pecking his lips and walking away. He sighed and put his hands back on the table, taking another swig of his beer.

"Awweee, Cardigan is in love" James teased, laughing.

"You two are cute together" Kara added, lightly pushing him in a friendly way. Winn smiled, something about it seeming fake and practiced which makes it so believable. I looked down to where Lyra squeezed his hand and saw blood welling where her finger nails once where. That's not good. That's not good at all. Some part of me hoped its just an accident, but if she doesn't know her own strength, that could mean she hurt him rather a lot.

"Winn, you're bleeding" I pointed out.

'Huh?" He furrowed his eyebrows and looked down to his hand to see the blood, not seeming surprised at all. "Oh, um yeah well i must have cut it on glass earlier-"

"How are you and Lyra doing?" I cut off, not wanting to hear a bullshit excuse. He looked quite taken back and the others looked confused too.

"Wha-, um, Lyra and I?" He laughed nervously, "Lyra and I are doing great, g-r-e-a-t, you know what that spells? Great. And that... is what Lyra and I am-"