11

"So what's this plan?" Virgil tensed as his hands shook holding the camera. His coffee addict of a father sat there with narrowed eyes looking at the house across the street. Obviously they couldn't take Virgil's car.

"Well, I ditched Colt so... he's going to be angry." Remy's eyes darkened as he fumbled around for his shades. "Plus with Remus gone he'll be really pissed."

"What's the camera for then?" Virgil let out a shaky breath as he pushed his hood up.

"I have to get proof of what Colts doing. That means I have to catch him in the act. Dee's going to be with him..." Remy reached out placing a supportive hand on his sons as Virgil started to cry. "I hate... I hate that I'm going to have to watch him get hurt but... If I don't get proof then theres nothing I can do to protect them."

"What do I do?" Virgil took a deep breath readying himself to move the moment he spotted the car pull into the driveway.

"When you see Colt leave, you have to go in and get Dee. Whatever you do Dad... You get Dee out of there, understand." Remy frowned seeing the fear in his son's eyes and it finally hit him just what this was.

"I'll save your friend, Vee but... make sure I don't have to save you too." Virgil smiled as he took off. He gripped the camera tightly. He knew Dee and Colt were in there. He watched them both walk in. It was even more noticeable now... Colt was screaming.

I guess Remus wasn't lying about just how pissed he would get over Ray not being there. He peaked through a window to find Dee pressing himself against a wall. He ducked taking several deep breaths as Colt yelled out in the house. His anxiety was bad but his determination was even stronger. He held the camera up it the corner trying to keep it hidden well as he pushed record. It took everything in him not to yell out when he heard Dee cry out. 

With every cry and scream, Virgil flinched and tensed up. He hated this. He wanted to run in there and take Dee out right then and there but he couldn't. He just sat there waiting, praying for it to end. He almost didn't notice Colt's voice change. Almost.

Colt's voice dropped to a literal growl making him sound animalistic. It was what first spurred Virgil into moving, into looking. He pushed himself up looking at the feed through the camera and frowned in confusion seeing Colt appear to have claws. His voice yelled out louder than ever before as Dee cowered on the ground. Virgil watched in complete horror as Colt's body began to shift and break. You couldn't tell from the camera but boy did Virgil see from the window.

Virgil stumbled back in total fear and horror at the sight before him. He quickly cut the video off tearing the SD card out as he just kept backing up until... the flash went off. Dee's eyes met his in terror as this deep guttural growl escaped the wolf standing before him... Colt.

Virgil took off running cringing at the sound of glass breaking. He slid changing his direction. His father had to know to go in and get Dee. God this was not was he was expecting when he started this. Virgil was thanking god though at least that he was fit enough to run and that he was faster than everyone else. He could hear the sound of thundering feet behind him as he ran right past his father who was freaking out.

"Virgil!" His father screamed out for him but he couldn't stop now. He knew he couldn't outrun the beast chasing him. Colt was just toying with him. Trying to make it seem like Virgil had a chance. He didn't and Virgil knew that. Right now he was just trying to lead the damn thing as far away as he could. Until... 

He ended up getting swatted right into a tree. 

The world swam around him as he struggled just to push himself up. There before him was a large black wolf snarling and prepared to tare him to shreds. Virgil's eyes dropped to the camera in his hands and he tensed. He threw the camera at the wolf who only caught it in his teeth before shattering it in his jaw. Virgil couldn't stop the fear the wracked through him. He was going to die. And that was just fact... A WOLF?! A FUCKING WOLF?!

"C-Colt?" The beast crouched poised to attack as Virgil pressed himself against the tree. The wolf almost seemed to smirk enjoying the fear he was giving Virgil before he literally held Vee down. His paw pressed harshly against Virgil's chest making him cry out at his ribs felt like they were breaking. He didn't bother begging for his life. He didn't bother making excuses or apologizing. None of that mattered. Virgil knew better. It wouldn't change the outcome and Virgil wouldn't have made any different choices. Not if it meant his friends could be safe. The wolf literally shifted jumping to tear him in half. He felt the warmth of his mouth before the pain really set in. 

Virgil screamed out as its teeth tore into him, sharp enough to break through his skin like butter. He was going to die. The wolf bit harder and harder, about to literally take a chunk of the kid until...

"VIRGIL!" The sound of someone screaming startled the wolf. "Virgil! Where are you?" The wolf released him as he quickly shifted back, but Virgil could hardly see at this point. Things were blurring out of focus. "VIRGIL DEAN!" Colt met his eyes for one second for taking off at a speed not even Virgil could run at and as stated before the kid was fast. "Virg..."

"Here!" Virgil cried out pushing himself up, not bothering to think about anything right now. He was alive... somehow and he had two friends he had to care for. He stumbled forward feeling pain rip through him, but just as he was about to fall he was caught.

"Virgil?!" He knew that frantic voice anywhere. "Virgil, it's going to be ok. I've got you. You're father's waiting. It's going to be ok."

"How'd you find me so fast?" Virgil laughed as he looked up to find Dee literally sobbing. He had bruises already forming on his face but neither seemed to be to focus on that right now. "We... have to get home."

"Oh, no. You are going to a hospital, Virgil. Look at yo..." Dee's eyes widened even more as Virgil just smiled. "You've been bitten."

"Big mean old fucking wolf." Dee was absolutely mortified but Virgil was so lost in the euphoria over not dying and blood loss he was a bit delirious. "Mean asshole wolf."

"Virgil, you need to go to the hospital." Dee picked him up cringing at how Virgil gasped in pain as he started to take him back to the car.

"No... I have to get... home. Remus..."Dee shook as Virgil curled up into him panting as his sideburned horribly. "I have to help..."

"I will care for my mate, Virge. You need to get help yourself."