Izu goes home

***Actual writing, cause meh***

I was taking a walk near the dorm building when mom called. She said she had some bad news about dad. Apparently there had been a large scale attack on the building he'd been working in. No one had been able to find him afterward. They think he was probably crushed by the rubble. Upon hearing this, I felt like the ground had fallen out from under me. I had never had the best relationship with my father and he was never around, but he was still my dad.

Once I got off the phone with mom, I texted Aizawa sensei. Once I had gotten the okay, I headed back to my dorm room to gather some of my stuff.

I ran into Shouto on my way out of my room. "Oh, hey Izu," he said, a small smile on his face, but the smile dropped as he saw the tears rolling down my cheeks. "Are you okay?"

"I-I'm fine, I just- I'm sorry, I have to go," I said before hurrying down the hallway. I could hear him call after me, but ignored it. I had to get home. I whipped my eyes as I stepped out of the elevator, only to see nearly the whole class gathered in the common area. I grabbed my bag and hurried past them, out the door.

Ochokeho: there's definitely something he's not telling us.

Tsu: yep

Shoto: yeah, I'm worried. He ran into me as he was coming out of his room and he was crying. He didn't say anything other than that he had to go.

Dad: just give him some time. I'm sure he'll tell everyone when he's ready.

***the next day***

Katsu's POV
Nobody had heard from Deku since he left the day before and everyone was worried, especially Todoroki, who had been acting a little off all day.

We were all sitting around in the common room with the news on the TV, for some reason, but no one was really paying any attention to it, except for Iida. That is until I heard a familiar name. "There's still one person who hasn't been accounted for, ***** Midoriya, a Japanese man who had been working in the building."

Everyone in the room was now staring at the TV in horror.

"So that's what his 'family stuff' was?" Uraraka sounded horrified. In the next moment, Todoroki was up off the couch and heading toward the door.

"Todoroki, we should probably give him some time," Iida protested, only to have Todoroki turn back to glare at him.

"I am going to see him whether you like it or not. Try to stop me and I'll turn you into a popsicle," he then hurried out the door.

Izu's POV
They still hadn't found dad. They told us that if he hasn't been found in the next twenty four hours he'd be presumed dead. I was sitting on the couch, under a mountain of blankets, eating ice cream and watching Supernatural outtakes when there was a knock at the door.

"I'll get it," I called to mom and set my phone and ice cream to the side before getting up and going to answer the door. I found Shouto standing on the other side, a concerned look on his face.

"Hey, Izu," he said, giving me a sad smile.

"Oh, h-hey Shouto. What are you doing here?" I asked, whipping at my tears. (Lmao, my phone autocorrected whipping to sipping! I can't! I'm dying! Send help!)

"Well, after yesterday and with the fact that you've been ignoring my texts I was really worried. And then I uh, I saw what happened on the news. I figured you'd need some form of comfort, so…" he trailed off towards the end, looking a bit awkward.

"Y-you saw that? Who else saw?" I asked, suddenly feeling like I couldn't breath.

"Practically the whole class," He said, a sympathetic look in his eyes.

"Sorry I didn't say anything," I said, looking away from him. "I just- I didn't want you to see me like this."

"It's alright. You have nothing to apologize for. I completely understand," he said, stepping forward to wrap his arms around me in a tight hug.

"I just- he left when I was little and I've only talked to him a hand full of times since then and we didn't get along, because I could never live up to his standards, but he's still my dad, you know?" I said against his chest as I started to cry again.

"Yeah, I know what you mean," he said bitterly.

"Yeah. God, sometimes I forget who your father is," I said with a bitter laugh.

"What do you mean?" he asks, pulling back a little to look down at me.

"I don't know. You're just so nice and he's just… not," I explained.

"Yeah."

***The next day, 'cause I'm a lazy biotch***

I sat on the couch, curled against Shouto with my face buried against his chest. They found dad's body this morning. Mom got the call before they aired it on the news. When she told me, I felt like my whole world had come crumbling down around me. I had locked myself in my room and didn't come out until Shouto showed up at the front door twenty minutes later. I didn't know what to do. I didn't know why I was so upset. I had never gotten along with my father and most of the time I felt like I didn't even have one. But now that he was gone I couldn't help but feel like everything had been ripped away from me.