First encounter

"Of course the noob didn't die, it was only beginners luck!"

Everyone at the campsite turned around to look at you, of course this embarrassed you immensely. Your cheeks burned, a new feeling took over. Anger.
How could someone be so rude to a new survivor, you barely can grasp what is going on, you have no idea how you got here, and why. And someone wants to joke about how you didn't die? Because of beginners luck? You glared at the women that had a beanie covering her already short hair, her dark tank top and jeans were perfect for hiding away from killers. If she wasn't so rude, you would have gladly tried to make friends.

"Whatever." You spat back, venom lacing your words. You didn't want to argue and make a big scene, but you also wanted to let her know, you were NOT the one. You glared at her and she returned the look right back. I need to know who she is, so I can stay away from her. What's her problem anyways? You thought as you looked for Claudette, she was over in the back fixing up Bill's wounds, seeing she already patched up herself you walked over.

"Mind patching me up after him?" You smiled weakly, pointing to the deep gash in your shoulder. Claudette smiled up at you "Of course (Y/N)" she said as you sat down next to her, her voice lowered to a whisper "And don't mind Nea, she's always rude to the new survivors. I think she's just trying to assert her dominance or something. She's not bad, once you get to know her. Plus, she knows all the good hiding spots on the map." You huffed at this, making friends with Nea? No way, after she was rude for no reason. You don't care if she was trying to assert her dominance or be tough. You know you aren't a perfect little angel yourself but it's never okay to be straight up rude to someone you never met before.

"Yeah, whatever, I can just find my own hiding spots." You said dully, not wanting to continue the conversation about Nea. You already knew her name now thanks to Claudette, and apparently she was good at hiding. that's all the information you needed. You wanted to meet the other survivors, but the Nea situation turned your social switch off. You hated you were stuck around a little campfire with small tents. You wanted the comfort of your own room back, so if needed you can hide in your little oasis, free from people and drama.

Claudette finished up with bill and turned to you, fixing up the gash. You bit your lip, holding the whimpers desperately wanting to escape your lips. Your mind wandered to your family, oh how you miss them already. Were they thinking about you? Did they call the cops and report you as a missing person? Did they realize you were gone yet?

You sighed, tears brimming your eyes. You turned your face away from everyone, not wanting to see you in this pathetic state. Claudette finished up and as soon as she did you got up, mumbling a quick "thank you" as you turned and went to walk off into the dark forest. Claudette called out to you "(Y/N) where are you going?? You need to be careful if you're headed to the forest! After awhile, you'll get to a stream, a single bridge connects the two sides. The other side is the killer side, no one dares to cross or even get into sight of the bridge. Just.. stay close, okay?" The women looked at you with worried eyes, you could tell that she genuinely cared about you. You smiled in response "I'll keep that in mind!" You said and quickly walked off into the forest, needing to just be left alone.

You walked into the trees, the forest making the outside even darker then it was before. You walked further until the survivors voices were whispers, and then silent. You sighed and closed your eyes while still walking, finally some peace and quiet. Finally you were alone. The sound of running water got your attention as you kept walking in the same direction, you knew Claudette told you not to, but your curiosity was too much. It's so beautiful here.. you thought to yourself as you passed by the great trees, the green grass crunched softly as you stepped on it, taking in all the beauty of the scenery, you didn't realize the huge river in front of you.