Rest and recover

All you could feel when you slowly started to wake up was your pounding headache and aching body. It wasn't the worst pain, but damn did it sure hurt. You slowly start to open your eyes, blurry objects were the only thing you could sort of make out. You let your vision finally restore itself from you slumber and you notice you're in a quite warm sleeping bag that was opened with a comfy blanket draped over you accompanied by a handful of pillows around your body and head. You see you're in some sort of tent as well. That's then the memories started flooding back.

"I'm taking you to my home to feel better." The mysterious males voice played in your head. You looked to your right and noticed small bags full of personal belongings, next to it seemed to be a medium sized wooden box. You go to shift your body and as soon as you do the pain from your broken bones hits you like a truck.

Whimpering out in pain you instantly stopped moving, as soon as that happened you heard the zipper of the tent open. You gaze ahead and see the all too familiar ghost mask staring at you. "Finally, you're awake. Not the best idea if you move right now, you know." He said dully, moving to the wooden box.

"Really? I would've never figured that out if you didn't tell me." You respond in annoyance, sarcasm lacing your words. The masked man stops what he's doing and stares at you once more. "You know it's quite rude to talk back to someone that saved your life when they could've easily killed you." He says nonchalanty and chuckles. Your eyes widen at the sentence. Oh yeah... you sigh and stare at the roof of the tent.

Your eyes shift to him as he opens the top of the wooden box, revealing it to be a mini freezer of some sort. He pulls out a water bottle and holds it out to you. You attempt to reach out and prop yourself up at the same time, but the pain shooting through your body was too great.

You whimper in pain and slowly rest back down to your previous position. "I'm sorry.." you croak out, feeling exhausted. "No no, it's alright, I forgot." And with that he scoots towards you, while taking the cap off the bottle. Gently he took his gloved hand and propped you up just enough for you to drink. It hurt, but it was way better before with help.

You part your lips slowly as he brings it to your lips, drinking the water. After awhile you murmured quietly confirming you've had enough. He retreats the bottle and gently sets you back down again. "You were thirsty huh? Makes sense, I guess you've been out for awhile." He stated as he twists the cap back on and sets it next to you. Your eyes widen a little "been out for awhile? How long?" You question.

"Ehh.... Probably around like 3 or 4 hours." He said while shrugging. "What?! I need to get back to my camp, my friends are probably wondering what happened to me.." if they are.. "sorry princess," he starts, "you need a harsh reality check here. I think you're a little delirious from lack of oxygen. You can't even move to get a drink of water. And you want to go back? I hope you're aware I can't fully cross that bridge. If I could, the killers would be over there and you would all be dead. Defeating the purpose of this. You need to rest, and recover, dumbass."

You couldn't even think of a response, so much was running through your mind you just blankly stared at his ghost mask. Getting lost in the black pits of its eyes. Fuck.. I should've thought of that. I'm so fucking stupid.. how do I keep getting myself stuck in these situations. I keep making stupid fucking decisions.. are they even thinking of me? Will they look for me? What if they cross the bridge to look for me? Does that mean they'd die like he said? Forever.. wait... this means he could kill me and I'd die? What about the other monsters? Could they k-

your train of thought was cut off by a loud cough. "Hey? You in there or did that lack of oxygen and possibly a concussion finally set in?" You snapped back to reality "no, I'm okay." You sighed quietly, slowing slipping back into your thoughts, but once again you were snapped out of it by the sound of a zipper of the tent opening.

"I'm getting food. Be quiet or you'll get yourself killed, it'll make a mess and I don't want to clean it." He said coldly, slipping out and closing it back up again. You heard his footsteps crunching in the dead grass slowly fade out until it was completely silent. You shivered at the thought of being killed with no way to move and escape, you sighed at your only option to cure your boredom. Rest and recover like he said. You closed your eyes and realized how exhausted you still felt, even though you woke up not too long ago. Slowly you felt yourself slipping from reality into the dark, peaceful dreamworld.

{sorry it's been awhile since I've updated this, this rona got me bored so I'll be updating more often. :P hope you havin a good day/night. Sorry for any errors with spelling/grammar}