Chapter 1

More than Friends

She was the most beautiful girl in their campus

She was the most beautiful girl in their campus. She was the running prom queen and the school's muse. Boys from different year and sections are lining up to give her flowers, chocolates, and written love letters.

But she wasn't like any other girl who are prim and proper, she was a troublemaker, the tough lady gangster in her time, she was cool and she hangout with the bikers.

Then there was him. He was Mr. Heartthrob, the goody boy next door who wanted to explore. He's every girl's secret crush with his singer-like voice.

People may say they're perfect for each other but him and her were only friends.

She was already taken and so was he.

2020

Jennie excitedly ran pulling her suitcase with her when she saw her boyfriend waving at her on the waiting area of the arrival passengers.

"Baby!"
She squealed, wrapping her arms around his neck and the guy carried her weight since his girlfriend is too small for him to reach.

He just found her adorable every time she tiptoes just to peck on his lips or put her arms around his nape.

"How's Paris?"
Namjoon asked his girlfriend when Jennie let him go as he took the privilege to carry her luggages for her.

"It was nice. I had a great time!"
She tells, skipping a little while waking hand in hand with Namjoon and the guy just gave him an adoring look. She stayed there for almost 2 weeks and he misses his girlfriend a lot even though they video call each other every night.

"Dad kept telling me how he misses Korea and stories that I won't get tired listening." Jennie continued and Namjoon opened his car door for her as she sat on the passenger seat and mumbled a small 'thanks' to her lover.

As he drove her home, Jennie couldn't stop blabbering about the things she experienced in Paris and Namjoon just listens as he nodded with a smile and agrees with her every now and then. The twinkle in his girlfriend's eyes never left and Namjoon gave a long warm kiss of the back of her hand.

"Dad also says he misses mom." And thats when her reaction slowly changed as she put a sad smile. Namjoon quickly understands her and just squeezed her hand a bit to show his girlfriend some comfort.

"Promise me, Joonie that no matter what happens or what fate throw at us, you won't ever give up on what we have." She lowly whispers, almost seeking some assurance from him and just right on time they are now in front of Manoban's Residence.

Namjoon parked the car as he turned his body to face his girlfriend as he gently pulled the back of her head and engulf her into a warm embrace.

"I promise, Jen."
He mumbled and Jennie let out a relieved sigh as she also wrapped her hands on his torso, pulling him even closer to her.

She just hope quietly that history won't repeat itself.

1993

The corner of his lips turned into a full wide smirk when he saw a familiar glimpse of that someone who he has been waiting for the last 30 minutes on this frat party as he quickly left the side of his girlfriend to greet his friend. The moment he reached her a frown emerged on her pretty face.

"What's wrong?"
He asked, quite teasingly and Lisa just rolled her eyes and pushed him aside.

"She broke up with Taeyong and I think the guy loses his mind, he trashed and almost hurt Lisa."
Rosie was the one who answers for her best friend and Taehyung raised an eyebrow at this.

"What?!"
Taehyung exclaimed, as he quickly run to catch up with Lisa.

"Lalis, are you okay?" He stopped her from holding her wrist, worried lines written on his forehead. The girl glance at him as she let out a sighed before nodding her head.

"Yeah, Bambam was there."

"You should've call me." The worry in his voice was clear as he went to her closer but Lisa took a step back.

"I'm fine. Do you happen to know where's Jungkook?" She looks like not in a good mood but Taehyung understands it anyway.

He just let her be and nodded his head. "Don't do this stunt again, what if no one was there? He could've hurt you." His voice was soft, weirding Lisa out.

"I'm really okay, Taehyung. You should go back before your girlfriend kills me. Irene is giving me that death glare again." Lisa look at the corner of the room and gestured Taehyung to look at it too, true to what she says his girlfriend is looking at them and Taehyung was quick to withdraw his hold on Lisa's wrist.

He sighed as he put his hands on his jeans pocket.
"Jungkook is on the billiards, with the others." He gestured the other room, Lisa was about to go there when she stopped and look at him.

"Please don't mention anything about Taeyong to him okay?" She was asking him a favor again, Lisa bit her lower lip unsure of what he will say but when Taehyung rolled his eyes and sighed, she knew she already got his approval and a wide smile appeared on her doll like face.

"Yeah. Whatever, go away."

Lisa giggled at her friend who's trying to be mean but Lisa went to him and messes his styled hair.
"Oh you don't mean that winter bear, you love me." Taehyung clicked his tongue and take her hand off of his hair.

"As if." He was glaring at her but his lips formed into a child-like pout that amuses the brunette, she was smiling even wider than earlier that pisses Taehyung off so he just let go of her and walk out. Lisa couldn't no longer contain her laughter so she laughed at him while staring at his back before she also gone to the other room.

They've known each other since they were kids because they live in the same neighborhood and when highschool came they've become each other's ride or die partner which was funny because it all started when Lisa tried to escape at night from their house when Taehyung unfortunately was walking pass on the neighborhood as he caught her right on time.

Lisa put her pointing finger on her plump lips as she gestured him to be quiet so when the front door of the Manoban's residence suddenly opened, Taehyung froze on his spot as his gaze shifted to Mr. Manoban to Lisa before he forced his lips to smile at the man.

"Good evening, Sir."
Taehyung says politely before leaving without even mentioning about Mr. Manoban's daughter who's hiding behind their bush.

After that night, Lisa approached him on the next day in school.