Chapter 2

What is Love?

1994

They are things that we don't really fully understand. Lisa stares up on the sky seating beside her is none other than her partner in crime.

They were leaning at a big oak tree as the breeze of spring faintly hits their skin. He was humming some tune with his guitar and Lisa sat beside him without any complain.

Both are unaware with the playful fate coming to mess up with everything they've been trying so hard to treasure.

He kinda sense it but he tried to ignore everything and bury whatever he was feeling, because when people asked him if who's the most beautiful person in his eyes? In his mind, It was no longer Irene anymore but someone with a long brown hair with a smile that puts the stars in his dark night sky, it was the person beside him right now and it scares him to death because he can't afford to lose her.

He knew it was wrong and so he found the only remedy with this insanity.

He stopped strumming the guitar, his eyes fixated with the clouds, birds chirping around them and the sound of leaves rustling as the wind blows through the trees.
"Lalis, I think I wanna get married."
As he let out those words with a determined mind.

The brunette who was very sleepy almost choked with her own saliva.
"What meds are you taking again? Are you out of your mind? We just got in college." She jerk from her seat and face the lad who was now sporting a soft smile.

"I know but I'm on legal age to get married." Taehyung reasoned out and put his guitar on his right side.

"Are you fucking with me?"
The girl frowned as she flicked his forehead, maybe he would wake up with this insanity.

Taehyung caught her hand and rubbed his reddened forehead.
"I'm gonna ask Irene to marry me."
He said almost pouting. Lisa let out a sighed, taking her hand out of Taehyung's grip she then went back on leaning to the old tree.

"You love her that much?"
There was a moment of silence before she felt Taehyung leaned beside her also. They both stared at the field of daisies and cosmos. A favorite spot of them if they both wanted an alone time, it wasn't that far from their neighborhood but a good 20 minutes walk from the road.

"Yeah... of course." Taehyung nodded. But he knew from himself that it wasn't like before. It guilts him yet he just can't let go because he suddenly have this weird fuzzy feeling to his friend. It was stupid and unreasonable.

The lad look over from his side and saw the brunette didn't even flinch with a slight reaction, she just shrugged her both shoulders.
"Whatever makes you happy then."
It was a lie if he says he wasn't disappointed at it. But then again that's a foolish thing to think, she's already committed to someone. They both are.

"How about you and Jungkook? He's the longest relationship you had so far." He asked curiously, taking the guitar again on his arms. Strumming some tunes that she was quite fond to hear.

"Maybe? If he ask me why not? I'm gonna be rich if that happens." She giggled picking out a ball of dandelion from her side, she stared at the soft looking thing, contemplating if she would blow the seed or let the wind do it for her.

"You are already rich." Taehyung commented, he wasn't even aware he had been staring at the brunette who quietly admiring the soft round thing in her hand. He remembers how he believes back then when he was a kid that when you blew a Taraxacum it will grant you one wish.

If it was only true, he would blow every Taraxacum in this field and only one thing will come out in his mind. Her.

"Then I'm gonna be super rich." She said playfully taking a short glance at him before she pursed her lips and blew the Taraxacum, the wind blew the dandelion seeds as it floats to the air. She admired it lovingly with a soft smile printed on her face and Taehyung couldn't do enough but to watched her. Damn it.

"Lalis, have you ever been in love?"
The brunette finally put her whole attention to him as she slightly tilt her head in confusion. Love?

A scene from her early childhood flashback through her mind. It was a vague memory she really didn't want to remember.

"I don't know? No one thought me about it. Mom and Dad they were not a perfect example of that thing so... I don't really know what love is."
How can he forget? Lisa grew up in a broken family, her mom had an affair with a different man and left her alone with her dad and little brother when she was fourteen.

Lisa might be good at hiding things but not from him. Taehyung knew it all well how broken hearted she was when her parents got a divorce, and it may not be obvious but it scarred her for life. It is one of the reasons why she couldn't commit a serious relationship to anyone.

"Don't worry, someday someone will come along and teach you everything about it." Taehyung assured her and when their eyes met he just gave her his boxy smile.

"When is that? Because he better hurry. I don't know when Jungkook is gonna propose but I won't ever say 'no' to a rich guy." She pouted, as she lays her head on his left shoulder. She heard him laughed which turned the corners of her lips lift into a wide smile.

"Typical, Lalisa Manoban." He commented while shaking his head. She giggled at it and playfully slap his arm.

"The one and only." She mumbled, closing her eyes. Feeling all sleepy once again.

2020

Namjoon and Jennie decided to stay inside the car for a few more couple of minutes. The girl is trying to calm herself before she meets her mother again after her little adventure with her dad in Paris.

Her boyfriend on the other hand is being the same sweet person he is with her, he has been comforting caressing her hand now and then.

Jennie heaved a deep sighed.
"They have the perfect love but the world was against of it."