Chapter 4: Across the Land

The young witch, Uraraka cried towards the green haired boy in distress. "What is it?" he asked.

"Something's wrong. I think something is happening to dragons," Uraraka jogged up to him.

His face went confused and curious as he watched her move forward. She seemed frantic and her hat was crooked, while she held her book with shaky hands. She didn't seem to be quite scared, more anxious, frantic, and just as confused as Izuku. Just with a little bit more knowledge of the situation.

"Dragons? What's happening?" The swordsman asked concerned.

"There's a curse in air! I found it in one of my mom's old books. You can't see it, but I can. It's like this black mist, that has little different colored flashes in it. Apparently it's called the Daras-trix Vid- no Vdirh-his, the Dratis Virdi... I-I don't know how to pronounce it. But this is what it's called..." She shows him the page she had been looking for during her mini-ramble. I guess she'd been spending a lot of time with Izuku. His habits are starting to rub off on her.

Darastrix Vdir Chikohk

Izuku takes a look at the page and shakes his head, silently telling her he can't pronounce it either.

"It roughly translates to the Sleeping Dragon Curse." She told him, putting her book away.

"Hmm- wait... You speak Dragonic?!"

The brunette waves it off, "only enough to translate some ancient spells. But even then that's not much. And it's only on paper. I can't speak it to save my life." She sheepishly rubs the back of her head.

"But anyway... what are we gonna do?" The greenette made a thinking face. There's not much he can do about a situation like this... he is only a amateur swordsman. He doesn't know magic, so he can't cast a counter-spell or something like that.

"There isn't anything we can do except..." Suddenly the boy perked up realizing something, "Kacchan!"

"Huh?" Uraraka tilted her head, "Your childhood friend? What about him?"

"He probably doesn't know anything about this! His family has always loved and protected dragons! He needs to know about this!"

The boy started running towards his house to collects supplies for the three day journey to the mountains of the Wilderness.

"I-Izuku!? Where are you going?!" She asked running after him.

"I have to warn Kacchan!"

"B-but you haven't seen him in years! How do you know he even know where he is?"

"I know where he will be, that's enough."

The two arrived at the boy's little mushroom cottage. His mother was at the market at the moment, so she didn't question why the two came rushing in so urgently.

"Then I'm coming with you!" Uraraka stated as the boy grabbed a bag and started packing in food and other necessities.

"No, Uraraka, it's to dangerous out in the Wilderness. I don't want you getting hurt because you followed me." And the young man wasn't wrong. The Wilderness was named that for a reason. It was filled with dangerous creatures, and was rumored to have a curse on it, so that any who entered would lose their way if they strayed from the path.

From afar it appeared as an ordinary dessert. The inordinately thing about it, was the patches of jungle like forest that sprouted every few hundred miles. These patches were so thick, that no one dared to enter them for fear of being lost forever. Which has happened in the past.

"I don't care Deku! I'm not letting you go alone!" She argued, chanting a small spell to summon her staff, which she then used to summon a bag already filled with essentials. She may not be a master witch, but with the help of her staff, her magic is much stronger.

"Ura-" Izuku cut himself off at the intimating glare radiating off the girl. He sweat-dropped with a nervous smile and rubbed the back of his head, "y-yeah, ok, I guess you can come along."

The glare dissipated and was replaced with a bright smile. "Great!" She turned around, swinging the pack over her shoulders and marching out the door. She pointed forward, "Let's go find and warn Kacchan!!" She said taking long excited strides. She had never been on a real adventure before.

The boy gave a small smile, "Uh... Ura-chan?" The girl stopped and looked at him with a 'yes?' Look on her face.
"The Wilderness is that way." And he pointed in the opposite direction that she was heading. She sweat-dropped before giggling, embarrassed, "hehe, riiight."

They walked in the correct direction, which took them through town. There they met up with Izuku's mother, Inko. They told her of their plan and after a few tears and much motherly worry. She let them go after giving Izuku a huge bear hug. And the two were on their way.

A/n: So this was kinda just a filler chapter because I'm having a bit of writer's block at the moment😅. I promise you guys I am trying. I love this story just as much you all seem too! I'll try to update again as soon as I can... I just need to figure my brain out.

P.s. Thank you all so so much for all the support and love! It truly means a lot to me! And it encourages me to keep writing!

Also if you guys have any ideas for fluffy, or just funny and random moments between characters I'd love to hear them! (I suck at coming up with things like that.) Or even just interactions that you'd like to see lemme know!

I have a very vague summary of where I want this story to go, and some just very random obscure details. So I'm totally open to more filler ideas! Plus, I love hearing from my beautiful, creative readers!

Love you all my nuggets!!