✝ Chapter 2: Visits ✝

"Hey, I'm Violet Harmon" was the last thing I heard before I dropped unconscious onto the cold wooden floor. God knows how long I was unconscious, I went from being upstairs in front of my bedroom door to downstairs on a couch. My mother was rapidly dabbing my forehead with a cold white cloth, meanwhile while my father was on the line with a doctor. I've never seen my parents this panicked before, which was strange, but it felt nice knowing someone cared for me. 

          I guess I was out for good since when I tried to walk up to my room, my mom insisted I stayed down until the doctor arrived. There isn't much you can do when an adult is constantly making sure you don't get up, so I waited for what seemed like 3 hours, until the doctor finally arrived. 

"She should be fine, it's just a fever and it seems as she has previously been diagnosed with Anemia, correct?" 

"Yes, yes, oh my god has it been getting better?" my mother eagerly asked.

"No, i'm sorry, Mrs. Miller, but it's beginning to become worse. I'll suggest taking vitamin supplements for now, but only time can tell what she should really be taking. But until further notice, she should remain on bedrest in isolation, or isolation until her fever goes away"

"Oh my god, thank you so much, Dr. Norman. I'll keep in contact. I uh, should I pay up front, or-"

"Same way as always, River." Dr. Norman said as he walked out before giving her a re-assuring smile.

My mom closed the door as she helped me upstairs as my dad prepared me a meal along with gathering my meds. I hesitated before going into my room in fear of the girl appearing out of nowhere again, but luckily she was gone along with the cup i previously dropped.

The moment my mom left, I closed my door, played some of 'The Beatles's songs and plopped onto my bed, god it was so comfortable. As my eyelids became heavy, I almost drifted to sleep, until a body figure came into vision.

"You're back." Violet said with a smile.

"Please tell me I'm hallucinating or else I'm seeing a fucking ghost." i said droopily.

"Wait, how'd you know I was a ghost?" 

"Oh please, if i'm moving into the murder house, i'm going to do my research." I gave her a quick smile "And according to the internet, you supposedly ran off with your little brother, right? Well, you're still here, the neighbor, Constance Langdon, she's very suspicious. Not to mention the insane amount of roses in her backyard, and a small little splash of blood on her front door." I could tell Violet was in shock. "My best guess is, someone took your brother, and as for you, you committed suicide, taking as you hadn't had much threat besides your family."

"Ho- How did you know all that?  The public doesn't know shit about my personal life!" She said, almost yelling.

"I-I don't know, I only researched like 10% of that information. I just had a feeling. To be honest, I  feel like I was there for everything...". At this point, I noticed my body was slightly shaking without me even noticing. I guess Violet noticed too since she disappeared. I figured my body was just acting up from exhaustion so I decided to sleep, It was getting late anyways.

The next morning, I was awoken by the fresh smell of eggs and toast accompanied by a knock on the door.

"Heeeeeyyy honey buns!" my dad said as he busted through the door like the Kool Aid man. "How's my sick girl, eh? Feeling any better?" he asked.

"Yeah, actually i'm feeling great. I checked my temp and i'm at 98." I smiled.

"Wow... hey maybe you can stop by the neighbors to grab some sugar? We're low. Also, I heard she has a grandson that looks about your age, talk to him! Maybeeee he's cuteee" He said as he winked at me.