Chapter 3: Troubles

It's officially been 1 day since my parent's freakout. They still seem pretty confident in moving to New Orleans, so I've been talking to Violet more often to at least try delay our moving process, hell, i've even tried talking to other spirits in the house. Unfortunately, they either hide themselves, give shitty advice, or just have no clue. Apparently, i've been like the 2nd decent person to move in, so I usually get to socialize with the previous owners which helped due to the fact that everyone else disturbs me. But, since the ghosts were no help, I went to my last hope. Constance Langdon.

I managed to sneak out at 11:00AM without my parents noticing, mainly from the fact that they drank themselves to sleep last night, causing an awful hangover; but, that's besides the point. I reached Constance's door to knock. 

"Come in, dear!" Constance yelled.

"Oh my gosh, Constance i'm in trouble" I said while searching for her. "You won't believe what my parents are trying to do!" I said as I turned the corner, only for me to be facing 2 people."I'm sorry, am I interrupting something?" I said as I felt my eyes go wide and my cheeks flush.

"Not at all" Constance said as she smiled. "Come, sit down, dear. Now what are you yapping about today?" she said as she puffed her cigarette.

"We're leaving in 6 days and I don't want to leave. I just got here and I feel like things are changing, like i'm changing. I'm sick of always moving around, you know? I've had enough. I like the vibe of this whole place, too. Like, a calming isolation. I feel like it's helping me in so many ways, and now we're leaving! Bullshit!" I hadn't realized I was practically yelling, I guess I was so passionate about it I hadn't noticed 2 people staring at me. I didn't actually see another person looking, it was just a feeling.

 It was pure silence until Constance turned around and said, "Just get their attention. Act out." 

"How do I know when I get their attention?" I asked.

"Oh, you'll know" I heard as I looked at the other woman. I couldn't help but notice she was staring at me ever since I got here.

"But how will I kno-" I continued, before she took my hands into hers. "I feel a great light energy, I can't quite place my finger on it, but its overpowering, it's one of the strongest things i've felt."

I looked at her with my brows furrowed. "Excuse me, not to be rude, but who are you exactly?" I said.

"Billie Dean Howard. I'm a medium." she said with a slight smile.

"I  hired her off Craigslist in hopes of speaking to my children, but clearly, she doesn't like staying on task" Constance said while leaning on her sink. "She's a fraud." You could see a slight evil smirk showing up on Constance's lips.

"For the last time, they don't want to speak to you right now!" You could tell Billie was getting upset, so I took it as a hint to leave.

"Oh, bullshit! They're my kids!" was the last thing I heard before I snuck off back home. I turned around to look back at the house to make sure things weren't getting too wild, but I noticed piercing blue eyes from the second floor watching me leave. A bit creepy, but I brushed it off.

A few hours passed before I decided to take Constance's advice. I did what every teenage girl would do in a midlife crisis. Fuck up her hair. I decided to cut my long, black hair that went down to my back to a shoulder length. Lastly, I dyed my hair into a pastel-like pink. 

As I was drying my hair, my mom walked in with a shocked expression

"Willow... what did you do?"

"I dyed my hair. It was getting boring." I said with slight attitude.

"Well, I don't appreciate that you've done it without our consent, but it looks nice on you so i'll let it slide." she said with a smile.

"Gosh, mom! Don't you get it?! I'm trying to get your attention!" I yelled.

"Have you been taking your meds?" She asked 

"No, they don't do anything." I said angrily

"Well you take them to feel better. Plus, you know you always have our attention, so whats the problem?" She replied.

"Wow, you're really can't see, huh. My whole life i've been struggling and this is the one place where i'm at peace and you're trying to take it away!" I was screaming. I felt my face get hot in anger and tears slowly falling down on my face. "Why can't I get a break for once?! I've been forced to act like the 'perfect princess' but I can't. I-I can't anymore" 

"Just trust us on this one-"

"NO!" I screamed. I hadn't realized that I somehow sent her flying against the wall. My mom was shaken up, until I heard the front door open. I hadn't even realized that my dad came home.

My mom was rushing downstairs as I somehow heard her softly say "Joseph, we need to book us the closest flight to New Orleans. Please check up on Willow, she's getting worse. She's evolving."

I freaked out, already knowing what was to come. I would have to take my meds to "Feel better" it was probably placebos to make me feel weaker anyways. 

Before I knew it, I heard knocking on my door. I panicked and transported myself into a room i've never been in before. It took me a while to realize I was in Constance's house since my house was right across hers. I looked out the window and concentrated on my dad until I was able to hear what he was saying. 

"The closest flight is in 3 days. That's for first class, do we need it?"

"We need to give her as much space. Make sure she has the row to herself, its best she's alone at this time. Remember what happened with the last girl?" I heard my mom say.

"I still feel awful about Winona, lets not remake the past." my dad was sad. I could tell.

"Joseph, she hasn't been taking her meds."

"That could be one of the factors to her growth, but i'm not sure what the main cause is."

At this point, so many thoughts were going through my mind. Who the hell was Winona? Why do I need the whole row to myself? What happened to the last girl? Why are my meds so important? 

All my thoughts were cut through when the boy with the blue eyes softly spoke "Who are you? Did grandma send you?"

"Oh my gosh, i'm so sorry. I just kinda, teleported here without knowing." I awkwardly explained.

The boy was clearly confused so I decided to spare the details.

"Hi, i'm Willow. I think I saw you here a few times, right?" 

"Yeah, your hair changed." he said.

I giggled, "Yeah, I guess"

"It reminds me of flowers, its nice." He said

"I'm sorry, I never got your name!"

"I'm Michael, nice to meet you" he said as he stuck his hand out for me to shake.

I smiled as I shook his hand. I was almost about to see a vision until he let go of my hand quickly. I looked at him with a confused facial expression, until I finally asked, "I'm sorry, but do I know you?"

ok beep beep boop boop what do you thinks gonna happen noooooowwwww? :000

*unedited

but like,,, share, vote, save, comment, do whatevs it makes me happy and it encourages meee :D