Chapter 1

Izuku stood on the railing quietly sobbing. He was mentally and physically tired. He was noticeably weaker and his training suffered. He hadnt eaten in days and he honestly was tired of everything. Just existing hurt. Suddenly he heard someone.
Shinsou saw Izuku and quickly but quietly walked up behind him. He figured that he could use his quirk to get Izuku away from the edge. He could tell that Izuku was crying, though he wasnt sure of the boy's true intent since he didnt think that anyone lucky enough to make it into the hero course would off themselves. He didnt want to take any chances though. "Are you going to jump?" He asked in a soft tone, placing a hand on Izuku's shoulder. Izuku visibly flinched. Shinsou made a mental note of that. "...y-yes..." Shinsou activates his quirk immediately "get away from the edge." Izuku, being controlled, did as told. Shinsou looked st Izuku and his eyes widen at the sight. His eyes were dull and he looked like he hadnt eaten or slept in days. Bruises could be seen on the visible parts of his body. Shinsou deactivates his quirk and hugs Izuku. Izuku whimpers and jumps away. 'He seemed so tough and strong at the sports festival- what happened?' Shinsou thought to himself. "I-I...." Izuku started. Shinsou spoke, "It's cold out here. Come with me. I wont force you to tell me anything but I do hope that you will trust me enough to tell me why." Izuku nodded slightly. They went to Shinsou's house and walked in. "Dad, I'm home. " Shinsou said. Aizawa walked in and saw Izuku. "Problem child? What happened?" Izuku stares down at the ground and hid his face.
Aizawa was really worried. Usually Izuku is happy and cheerful. Though more recently his training and grades have suffered alot and he was quite quiet. Aizawa didnt think anything of it until now. Izuku looked much like a kicked puppy now. Izuku was trembling and the slightest touch would make him jump. It hurt Aizawa to see the problem child like this.
Shinsou looks at Izuku, "Hey, do you need to sleep? You look really tired." Izuku nods and Shinsou leads him to his bedroom. "Here, you can sleep in here." Izuku lays down and almost immediately falls asleep. Shinsou goes back to Aizawa. "What happened?!" Aizawa asks. "H-he... He was about to kill himself... I know that im not allowed to use my quirk in public since I dont have my provisional license... but I couldnt just stand there and watch him die... I used my quirk to get him away from the edge..." He said. They talked about the situation for a bit then shinsou could hear sobbing.
Izuku woke up and was very confused. He was scared that his mother would be mad that he wasnt home. And most of all, he was alone. He started sobbing. Shinsou ran in and hugged him. "Hey... Izuku, its okay, im here..." He said softly. This time, Izuku actually hugged back. He gripped onto Shinsou's shirt tightly and sobbed. It broke Shinsou's heart. One of the many cats jumped up on the bed and curls up on Izuku's lap. After about 10 minutes, Izuku had calmed down. He pet the cat that was sitting in his lap.