one.

Track : Good Mourning — Halsey

This isn't how Prince Louis thought his day was gonna go.

When he woke up this morning, he was expecting his personal butler to be opening up his room's drapes, to be delivering his breakfast tea in bed (the usual, of course: his favorite earl gray tea, with two sugar cubes and just a dash of milk) and his younger siblings to be jumping on his bed, urging their older brother to wake up. He would smile and tickle the little children until they beg him to stop, leaving his room in hushed giggles and happy smiles on their faces. Prince Louis was expecting a normal morning in his home.

But that morning took an awfully different turn.

He didn't wake up to breakfast in bed nor his unbelievably hyper baby siblings jumping on his mattress, but rather a loud, familiar voice that drew open his curtains and sent the morning light rays abruptly blinding his eyes.

"Good morrow, baby cousin!" A strong voice heavily laced with an Irish accent yelled. Louis blinked a few times with a light groan to get used to the sudden brightness hitting his pupils. His cousin, Niall Horan, the prince of Ireland, had barged in his room with no warning whatsoever as he let the unforgiving light shine through every aspect of Louis' bedroom.

"I'm about to get married and be crowned the King of Ireland in a month and we're going to spend today celebrating the last few days of my freedom!"

"Good morning to you, too, Niall," Louis spoke in his delicate-sounding morning voice. "I'm happy for you, dear cousin, I really am, but could you turn your voice down a bit? I'm afraid you'll wake up Maddie and Dorothy with its strong volume."

"We're already awake, Lou!" The twins came in hand in hand, huge smiles on their faces. They scrambled to their favorite cousin, hugging Niall's legs, "Nialler came in our room first and gave us chocolate!"

"Niall, you know how these two get when they eat chocolate before any meal of the day. They get incredibly energetic and it sends Mother in a turmoil," Louis shook his head disapprovingly. Niall winked at the two children who were hugging his legs tightly, giggling, "Come on, no need to pretend, Lou. It's funny seeing your mother that way."

Dorothy and Maddie both giggled even louder, thinking of their mother in a familiar state of frenzy. Louis only huffed and shook his head once more before getting up from his large, comfy bed. Niall let out a low whistle at Louis' night attire, "Damn, baby cousin, I didn't know you had a body like this."

"I've always preferred not to show it off," Louis flushed a light pink color, quickly throwing on his lavender dressing gown, covering the matching set of a yellow camisole and short lounging shorts that he was originally wearing. He pulled the material closer to his body, clicking his tongue, "That would not deem to be very appropriate and father doesn't want me showing off too much of my skin to the public since it puts me in a bad light. You know that, Niall."

"Well, Daddy is a bore," Another voice became audible. The four people in the room turned towards the door and saw Louis' eldest sister, Merlot, Princess of Wales and soon to be Queen of England, resting against the Prince's door frame with her arms crossed over her chest. It become very apparent to the entire Tomlinson family that Merlot was the more dominant of the two at the age of five — immediately securing the position to be England's future leader, by the request of their grandfather who was a great king. Added on to that, the woman proudly presented as an Alpha soon enough. Louis couldn't think of anybody else who deserved it more than his dear sister does.