Chapter Thirty (The Ending)

Aya went to the headquarters earlier than usual. She walks along the hallway through Fury's office. She knocks on the door, then opens it. She saw Fury sitting on her recliner chair. She walks towards him and places the folder containing her mission report.

"Earlier than I thought," Nick said, referring to the report. Usually, Aya takes seven days to file a mission report, but he knows that she just arrived last night.

"Director, I want to tell you something," Aya said, fiddling with her fingers. Nick saw this but looked at her again.

"Well then, take a seat," he said.

I don't know how to tell you everything, but this is the right time for at least you to know. Aya said, starting

"Whatever you guys know about me, that was all a lie."

"Do enlighten me, agent," Nick said, leaning his back on his chair.

"I am an Asgardian. My uncle, Uncle Thor, brought me here to Midgard to protect and hide me from my grandfather. When my father faked his death and tried to rule this realm, my grandfather found out about it and asked Thor to bring him back to Asgard. As a punishment, me and my brothers were to be executed in front of many Asgardian people and in front of my father. She explained to Nick, who was looking at her intently. When Aya didn't receive a reaction from Nick, she continued her story.

"My grandfather transformed one of my brothers into a wolf, and since my brother didn't know what was happening, his instinct kicked in and attacked his twin, killing him. When my brother went back to normal and found out what he did, he killed himself out of guilt. I tried to attack Odin, my grandfather, but I was so blinded by my grief and anger that I didn't see the guards stabbing me. Odin and all of the Asgardians think that I was killed along with my brothers, but only Uncle Thor, my father, and Heimdal know the truth. "Nick now was fiddling with his pen but still not uttering a word.

That's why I ended up here, since all of the people in Asgard think that I am dead. Tony, Pepper, Happy, and Rhodey. They know the truth, but their uncle makes them promise to not tell anyone. I get it if you guys want me out. I apologize for not telling you the truth that I am Loki's daughter. I'm really sorry, really sorry. It's just that I-" Aya was cut off in midsentence.

"Gosh little Stark, I didn't know that you could be so dramatic sometimes," Clint said. Aya now looked towards where the voice came from. She didn't realize that the Avengers and some of her co-agents were there, sitting and, quite possibly, listening to her story the whole time.

"W-what the...?"

"We know," Natasha said.

You know? But how? "

"Well, let's just say that you cannot hide anything from a guy that wears an eye patch," Lucas said, and that made everyone chuckle, except Nick and Aya, who were still processing everything.

But if you knew all along, then why did you guys still accept me here? as an agent?" she asked.

"Well, unlike your father, you didn't go and try to conquer the world," Steve said.

We hired you here since we saw potential and also because we never met anyone who was as skilled as Natasha and Clint in fighting until we met you.

And all of the tasks we secretly gave you, you passed all of them. Your mission in London was your last. If you were here with the intention of conquering this planet, you would have used the convergence to summon different minions from different planets to attack the earth, "Steve explained.

"Lucas here is not really in Germany. He was with you, observing every move you made and reporting everything to us."

Yeah, sorry about that though. "Do I sound like a stalker for a minute there?" Lucas said, scratching the back of his head.

Does that mean that I'm still an agent? Aya asked.

"Yes," they all said.

"Stark, I have a proposal for you," Nick finally said, making Aya turn her head towards him.

"I would like you to join the Avengers Initiative."

"What? Director, A: Are you serious? "

Do I look like I'm joking? So, what do you say? " Nick said. Aya looks towards where the others are, then back at Nick.

"Okay, I'm in," Aya said, making everyone cheer and rush towards Aya, engulfing her in one big group hug.

Later that day, she went home to the tower. The rest of the Avengers have things that still need to be done. The elevator rang and Aya hopped off. She saw Pepper and Tony sitting on the sofa. Pepper saw her first.

Sweetie! Your home, finally. How did it go? " Pepper said, leading Aya to sit down in the middle of them.

"Turns out they knew all along," she said.

"And?"

Every mission I have had was actually a task from them. And my mission in London was the last mission I needed to do in order for them to see if I meant no harm or not, "she said, looking at both of them.

"And Nick offered me something."

"What does ol 'Nick' say?" Tony asked.

"He wanted to join the Avengers and I said yes." Pepper smiles and hugs Aya, congratulating her. Tony watches their interaction while smiling.

Well, it went better than we expected. "Congrats kid," Tony said, ruffling her hair.

But I'll still go to Asgard one way or another. Not now, but the day will come, just like what I said, I cannot live my whole life hiding from them, "Aya said while fixing her now messy hair because of Tony.

Well, if that's what you think, then as long as you will not put yourself in harm's way, then it's alright. Pepper answered, smiling at her

"Does anyone of you feel hungry? Let's order something. Yeah, yeah, we should order pizza and cheeseburger, "Tony said while waiting for the two girls to answer. When they nodded, he stood up and went to call the restaurant while Pepper went to the kitchen to fix some things.

Aya was left alone, sitting on the sofa.

There will be a time when we cannot save everyone we love, even though we are the best of all of them; the strongest, bravest, or even the fiercest warrior. We may have lost someone we love, but we shouldn't let this stop us from living our life. Instead, we should look around at the people around us and we will find that there are still reasons for us to be happy. I may have lost my family, but I have found another on a different planet. Though they are not the same, they are still my family, giving me more reasons to live.

I am Siayah of Asgard, now living here in Midgard. The lost princess and the fallen warrior will make it through until the end, protecting the people and everyone that I love, though I have failed some of them, as long as I can until my last breath.

The End?