[2] - Definitely NOT a Dream

[2] 

 Definitely Not a Dream

Adam

I woke up to the delicious smell of eggs and bacon.

I could vaguely hear the sound of the bacon sizzling as it hit the frying pan. It didn't seem weird that I could hear something so minimal all the way from upstairs in my room. Another lightly delicious scent I didn't recognize wafted into my nostrils, but I couldn't pinpoint where it was from.

Yesterday seemed like some wild dream.

I got up from the bed and stretched, feeling a massive headache coming on. Was I high last night?

No, I would definitely remember if I had been. I think. And I also couldn't remember exactly when I had fallen asleep. I distinctly remembered arriving home sometime in the evening.

I tried not to replay the crazy events that had happened yesterday in my head too much or I was just going to make my poor headache worse. As if on cue, I reached up and rubbed the spot on my neck, which was still there but wasn't hurting anymore.

I glanced at the clock and groaned. I had a lecture in about an hour or so. Scrubbing a hand over my face, I got up and rushed to brush my teeth before my housemate could think of finishing all the breakfast he had just made.

I jogged downstairs just as he was serving himself.

"Smells like heaven," I complimented.

I froze at the kitchen door as I was fully hit with that delicious scent I didn't recognize. The scent reminded me weirdly of the addictive smell of rain after a very long, dry period. My stomach muscles clenched and my mouth watered, my tongue darting out to moisten my lips. What the hell was it?

He snorted at me, still in his pyjama bottoms and a black tank top, "Well too bad because it's all mine. Go make your own."

I swallowed the lump that formed in my throat as I stared at my housemate. He didn't look any different, but I felt something in my gut clench as I stared at him. His cheeks were flushed – probably from the cooking – and his thick dark hair was slightly damp and sticking to his forehead, his glasses a little bit fogged, hiding his eyes to my gaze.

I had never seen any living being so fucking sexy.

I chuckled nervously to hide my sudden attraction to him and dived in when he wasn't looking, managing to grab a slice of bacon from his plate.

"Hey!" he yelled in protest, "That's not bloody fair!"

"Love you, too," I chuckled, shoving the slice into my mouth. On the inside I was panicking.

Oh my fucking God, that scent was so fucking arousing! I inhaled deeply, nearly moaning from the headiness of it. Fucking hell! It took me a second to realize that I was unconsciously leaning over to Rory, who was staring at me weirdly from behind his glasses. I coughed and pulled away, my heart racing fast.

He stared at me wide eyed. "You've either lost sensitivity in your tongue or that slice wasn't just from the frying pan."

I frowned as I chewed; realizing that the bacon strip was hot. So hot it should have burnt my tongue but it didn't. The heat actually felt good in my mouth and I grinned, "Superman at your service."

I saw him roll his eyes and cradle his plate protectively while I reached into the fridge for a glass of milk. Oh God, why was I suddenly so hyper aware of his every movement? Like the way the muscles of his arms rippled as he began eating his food, or how fucking cute he looked hugging his plate to prevent me from stealing his food again –