Chapter 2

"And we're off!" Came Jen's voice as the red "ON AIR" button faded. Carter let out a sigh of relief, removing his headphones and cracking his knuckles. He stood from his chair and readjusted the black suit jacket that he wore over his tall, muscular figure.

Across the table from him, Victoria pushed her microphone away and flashed a large smile. "That was great Carter! Thank you so much for agreeing to be on my show!" Turning to the desk where her editor, Jen, sat, Victoria waved her hand. "That's it for tonight Jen. I'll see you next week."

The teen girl smiled and walked out the door of the studio, which led into Victoria's apartment, before leaving the building.

Carter folded his arms over his chest as the door closed, leaving him and Victoria alone. "It was my pleasure Victoria. I have to say. I much prefer doing informal interviews like this without dealing with those corporate media types that come with an established television station. It's more personal. Relatable to the audience."

Victoria brushed her long red hair, giggling softly as she walked towards where Carter stood. "Well in any case I'm glad. I never dreamed my show would be as popular as it's gotten over the past year."

Carter gently scratched the back of his neck as his piercing blue eyes examined Victoria. The YouTube star was tall for a woman. Maybe 5'9." But being 6'3" himself, Carter still towered over her. Her fiery red hair was long and full, and her figure was complimented well by the dark green blouse and dark gray skirt she wore. Just the slightest amount of cleavage was visible above the top button of her blouse, and as Carter stole a glance, he felt his penis twitch.

Carter had always had a weakness for beautiful women, but ever since he'd become a public figure over the past three or so years, it had seemingly morphed into an insatiable lust. Whenever he found himself close to a woman like Victoria, his base instincts seemed to take over, and with the interview over and her assistant gone, Carter had a good idea of how this evening would end.

It was clear from the twinkle in her green eyes that Victoria had caught Carter looking towards her breasts, but she simply smiled and folded her hands over her waist. "I'm sure you're busy with the trip to D.C. you're planning this week, but if you have some extra time, I'd love to share a drink with you?" she asked with a particular enthusiasm in her voice, her fair cheeks flushing pink.

Carter smiled and nodded. "I would love to have a drink," he said, confidently placing his forearm around Victoria's waist and leading her out of the studio. "My flight doesn't leave until the afternoon tomorrow anyways, and to be honest, it would be nice to spend an evening without my campaign manager talking my ear off the entire time.

Directly outside the studio was Victoria's penthouse apartment. It wasn't terribly big, but it did have a beautiful view of the Tampa bay. By this time of night in January, the sun had long since set, the only lights being those of the Florida city.

Victoria left Carter's embrace for the moment and walked over to the opposite side of the room, taking a bottle of wine off the wine rack. "Is Pinot Noir okay?" she asked, setting the bottle down and pulling out two glasses from beneath a jet black, wooden table.

"Of course," Carter said, as he slipped off his suit jacket, laying it on the arm of the silver sofa that rested adjacent to the floor length windows that overlooked the bay. He proceeded to roll up the sleeves of his white dress shirt, showing off his muscular forearms, and loosened the red and blue tie around his neck. "I love red wine." Following his statement, Carter's eyes ran over Victoria's long red hair again and he gave her a playful wink.

Clearly receiving the pun, Victoria giggled as she poured two glasses of wine. She walked across the room, handing Carter his. "Everyone always goes on and on about how charming you are," she said, tilting her head to the side. "I probably could slap you for getting flirty with me, but somehow I'm not inclined." Raising her glass, Victoria smiled. "What shall we drink to? The future Florida United States Senator? Or perhaps the future Commander and Chief?"