Chapter 1

As I walk down the street on a quiet starry night, I shiver despite the warm summer air as I pass the rubble that used to be the abandoned hospital. After it happened, the city finally decided to tear the place down. However to this day, despite it's demolition, all of my memories of the place remain fully intact and as vivid as ever. I close my eyes as the images begin to wash over me. Flashbacks that continue to haunt me day and night. It was the night before Halloween. Even that thought sends chills down my spine. I will never be the same because of that night. The memories and nightmares will continue to creep up behind me until the day that I die. I am scarred for life.

It all started with a dare. I was dared to go in the old abandoned hospital. What crazy person would sneak into a crumbling building in the dead of night? Naturally I refused to do it. Alone that is. So an hour later I found myself sneaking out of the house while my parents were asleep with my two best friends Becca and Fiona. So there we were, standing in front of the doors of the place that would change our lives forever.
"This was a stupid idea." I told my friends. "Lets do it." So we walked through those old wooden doors that have intrigued us since before I can remember. As soon as we walked in, the doors slammed shut and locked themselves.
"Okay then, I guess we'll stay awhile" Becca said cautiously . This should have been the first clue that something was wrong. It is, after all, how most horror movies seem to start. We walked down a corridor into what seemed to be the main hall. But now, it was just a huge empty room with what looked like a creepy reception desk covered with a white sheet layered in dust and something brownish that looked suspiciously like dried blood.