Chapter 4

We didn't have time to mourn Becca's demise.
"We need to get out of here. Right. Now." I said. Then, we started to run. We ran as fast as we could. Faster than we have ever ran before. But there wasn't any where to run; most of the doors were barred shut or locked. We almost immediately ran into a dead end. Then something weird happened. Fiona started shaking uncontrollably. She was screaming a blood curdling screen that ran through my skin and chilled my bones that never wavered for what felt like hours. Then, a line of blood appeared at her neck and quickly grew until her head fell off her shoulders and landed at my feet. Her features frozen in terror. That's when I lost it.
I turned around and started running as fast I possibly could. I was vaguely aware of the lady covered in dirt and blood running after me holding a knife screaming something but I didn't care. I had to get out. There was nowhere to go. Why me? Why did I have to take that dare? Then I saw it. A window. It was the only open one in the entire hospital. It was three storys up, that that didn't matter. I jumped.

Three days later I awoke in the hospital to the unforgiving sound of a beeping heart monitor. I looked around and saw that I was a hospital. My heart started beating rapidly and I couldn't breathe. Did she catch me? Was this it? But then I looked around and saw the pristine walls of the new hospital and a nurse with her backed turned writing something on a clip board. I was safe, there was no way she'd be able to get me now that I was out of that wretched place. I was okay. My breathing slowed down and I really how thirsty I was.
I coughed and the nurse turned at the noise. She looked oddly familiar. She smiled at me, put the clipboard on my bed and walked out the door. As she left she left a trail of dirt behind her. It seemed like way to much dirt to be able to just come off the bottom of her shoes. I sat up and looked at what she had written on the clipboard.

"You shouldn't have made it out alive. See you soon"