Maia Springs

Hi, my name is Maia Springs and I am 18 and in my final year of high school. I am kinda like a loner since my friend Percy Jackson upped and left without saying goodbye to me, or any one else for that matter. When that happened all my other friends ditched me for popularity.

Sitting in Greek History, I heard from Stasi that we had a new student joining us. I didn't really care about new students, because all students who joined were airhead jocks who flirted with any girl or snobby bitches who couldn't tell the difference between potatoes and onions.

The only reason we had Greek History was because the Greek gods were real. Shocker right? I still couldn't wrap my head around the fact that there was no capital G-God. I kinda think I'm a demigod, because I suspect my dad isn't actually my dad. I know the lives of half-bloods are dangerous but I still hope I'm one. Or at least a clear-sighted mortal. Most students have started claiming to be demigods, they are mainly the popular students who think they own the school.

**BELL RINGS**

I cannot believe I spent the whole lesson thinking about demigods and such. I saw a raven haired guy standing by Percy's locker with a blonde tucked under his arms. The blonde turned towards me and smiled. She had golden blonde hair, bright grey eyes, suntanned skin and a great figure. She looked like a hot California girl, but with intelligent, calculating eyes ..

"Hey, I'm Annabeth Chase. I suppose you are Maia Springs?" she said.

"Yeah... how did you know?" I asked her since I hadn't introduced myself earlier on.

"Oh that, this seaweed brain here told me a lot about you." she replied.

And with that the guy that was with her turned around with a goofy smile on his face.
I instantly recognized him, I mean who wouldn't, he was the Percy Jackson. The kindest and most loyal friend a person could ask for.

I gave him the tightest hug and only pulled away when I heard a slightly small cough.

I blushed with embarrassment and smiled sheepishly. "Sorry, I got carried away. Its just I haven't seen him in a while and he is the only friend I probably have."

Percy gave me a befuddled look. "What do you mean"

I gave him the summarised version of them ditching me, as soon he disappeared, for popularity.

Annabeth hugged me and I realised that I had found a new friend and regained an old one. That never happens in real life, I must be dreaming.

**In the cafeteria**

"Oh my Gosh, is that Percy Jackson? What's he doing with that blonde bimbo and that nerdy bitch?" shrieked the bitch herself, my ex-friend Bethane. It rhymes with methane. In case you were wondering.
I hated her guts so much and wished, no hoped that she would jump of a bridge or better...step on a Lego.

You see Bethane and I used to be the best of friends, we went together like peanut butter and jelly until Percy came.

Bethane thought I had this huge crush on Percy and prevented him from being with her, so after Percy left she spread rumours about me. This crushed me and prevented me from trusting anyone-that is until Percy and Annabeth came...I guess.

Bethane then came over to our table and tried to pull my hair, but Annabeth stopped her. How she did that I have no fricking clue. I was just about to tell Bethane off for ruining my life, when I heard a loud crash and a bang. What I saw... I cant even... I saw a horde of weird female mutant thingies with snakes as their feet and a huge monster that could only be described as a cyclops, rushing towards Bethane, Percy, Annabeth and I. I opened my mouth to scream, then everything faded to black.

A/N: sorry for they delay in updating, my parents had grounded me because my grades were slipping, but never fear for I am here and I would try to update more frequently.