chapter three

chapter three ~ Into the woods

"Are you married?" Nikki asked.

Charlie spluttered, "Oh, uh, no. Divorced." He answered.

"Oh, Jake, tells me that you have a daughter who recently got married." Nikki said.

"Yeah, Bella, at first I was against it but she's stubborn so I just accepted it because I want her in my life." He said.

"Awe, you sound like a good father." Nikki said.

"Thank you for cooking for me. Since Bella left I have been eating at the diner." He said.

"Oh no, we can't have that. From now on, I'll cook for you so just come over anytime or I can come over and have something ready for you to eat." Nikki said.

Charlie smiled then found himself leaning towards until she grabbed his face and pressing her lips to his.

It had been years since he even kissed someone.

But he liked the feel of her lips on his and her hands on his cheek and chest. He found himself wrapping his hands around her waist. Charlie mentally sighed. 

He had to put a stop to this.

Nikki pulled away and grinned cheekily.

"We can take it slow, Charlie, besides I'm pregnant and I'm sure you don't want to deal with my kind of baggage." She said.

"Actually, I agree we should take it slow only because I want you to be comfortable and I want to get to know you." He said.

"I would like that." She said.

"Me too." Charlie said.

/——/

"Mommy's going to protect you, sweetie." I said as I ran as fast as my legs could carry me and my large belly.

"Fuck why did I have to come into the woods?" I asked myself as I looked back only for me to see no one and tripping on the tree root in front of me but luckily I quickly caught myself before I could hit the ground.

Then I heard a woman laughing so I look back again to find a woman with red eyes walking towards me, I knew what she was and what she wanted.

"Stay the hell away from me bloodsucker!" I shouted but she just smirks and kept getting closer.

"Aro, will be pleased to know that your kind still exist." She said.

"Too bad you won't be able to tell him." I said and that seemed to make her angry because the next thing I knew she was holding me by the throat against the tree chocking me.

"You should be more polite to the woman who has your life in her hands." She said as I was starting to get irritated with her so I used my power to send her flying against a tree.

I didn't bother to look at her as I made the tree branches come out and wrap around her and once it was fine I started to walk towards her with a smirk on my face.

"I'm going to enjoy ripping you into pieces." I said.

As I made the tree branches stretch her out as she cried out as I walked away until I felt I was at a safe distance not to get anything on me and turned around to look at her, I smiled at her as she exploded, her body splattering everywhere on the ground then I set her remains on fire.

I was about to start walking until I heard a twig snap, I turned to where I heard it come from. "You all might as well come out, I already know you guys are there." I said as a pack of wolves came out of the bushes.

One of the wolves ran behind the tree only to step out as a Sam.

"Nikki, you have some explaining to do." Sam says cautiously.

I nodded my head slowly while turning to look at all the wolves in front of me.

"Sure, it's only fair you know what your baby sister will be capable of doing in the future." I said.