Chapter 4

I was shocked that by doing this one job as a peddler can lead me to the root cause of the problems that have been bothering me for the last three years. Though this still leaves me in doubt for this job came from the most unreliable person running the most vile of businesses. I asked the slave trader "Where have you got this information about me and my pursuers? Also while your at it tell me everything you know about the empire."

The slave trader smiled and replied "The empire is not only of one kingdom but of many. From small, middle and large size kingdoms all of them gathered and built a utopia of their own ideologies one of which is the laws of magic."

I heard this and said "So are you saying that there is not only one person out there that wants to get rid of me?"

The slave trader replied "Probably only one pray to the gods that not all. Now do you accept the job offered to you Traveling Hero?"

I thought of the situation I am about to get into and I clenched my fist and let out a deep sigh then said "Yes I accept this job now tell me who is it that I need to deliver this package."

The slave trader then said "Very well here is the map of the route your about to take towards your destination." The slave trader showed a map where some of the roads are marked yet as I studied the map I realized something.

I asked the slave trader "Is there no other way towards my destination at all?"

The slave trader replied "If you wish to get caught then you won't need this map that I'm going to give you." As he was about to take the map away I quickly stop him of his tracks and got the map. In the beginning of my journey to find isolation knowledge of how the world works and it's dangers were showed to me of my ignorance no matter how versatile I was in magic I became helpless when there was no one of need of it. Not all the people in this world needed a mage capable of killing a lot of monsters or evil lords some needed mages versatile in healing magic which is hoarded by the church and one can only avail their services if you pay a hefty sum of money. 

I looked at the slave trader and said "Give me the map; I shall follow the route you have given to me."

The slave trader handed over the map and I received it properly then I said "Thank you, also about the part in my route the thieves brigade."

The slave trader scornfully said in reply "What about it? You're summoned here as one of the legendary heroes. Those thieves are nothing to you compared to the evil lords forces."

I frowned and said to my self 'He's got a point.' I replied "Very well load the package up I shall ride at midnight."

The slave trader then replied "The package is already loaded all that's left is for you to ride on and follow the route properly." The slave trader lead me to the back door of his shop where a horse drawn carriage is prepared with ration of food lasting only for a day. I then blessed the carriage with magic and I rode up the drivers seat and chanted "Time move according to my will upon my name release Chrono Sphere."

Then I rode out of the kingdom and started to follow the route prepared for me in the map an hour has passed and time flowed properly again. The kingdom is rowdy in finding for the traces of the travelling hero orders then came to the gate keepers to secure not only the main gates but the small ones as well. Unknown to them that they are looking for a ghost and is preventing a long lost person from getting out of their kingdom.

A days ration was gone in a flash for me and the package therefor I relied to hunting wild animals in our first destination Yorl forest where I stocked up to a months ration for five people in a party where it is too much for two. Night has arrived so I camped in the forest and cooked food, I called out to the girl and tell her that supper was ready. She didn't utter a word or make a sound she just held out her hand cuffed in iron chains. I gave her a piece of meat and a bowl of soup. She ate and drank her fill inside the carriage as I ate my own fill as well in the open. After I ate I continued on my journey to the outskirts of the forest after I reached the outskirts I took a nights rest.

The morning came my journey continued passing by the ruined city there are also residents here living even though most of the houses are reduced to rubble. To pay the toll fee I gave the residents a few of my rations and passed safely. Passing by different valleys,rivers and plains upon the third day I have reached the Den of Thieves where like the adventurers have a guild these thieves have their own meeting place. What was once the glorious kingdom of gold and prosperity called Midas now is a den of thieves. 

The man in the gate stopped me as I was approaching and asked "What is it that you seek in these lands good sir?"

I replied in an orderly fashion "I seek passage in your land as I travel towards my destination."

The man in the gate heard this and asked "Where is your destination?"

I replied "The Empire."

The man in the gate laughed as well as his fellow comrades working in the gate he said "Not a chance boy for I am not letting you in." As he raised his weapon and his fellow comrades raised their weapon as well. 

As I was about to get ready my self and slaughter my way out of this mess a man came and shouted "Grant him passage!"

All the men looked to the man approaching the gate and slowly lay down their weapons. The man who first stopped me from entering was the last one who dropped his weapon. The man who ordered to grant me passage then present himself to me and said "Greetings oh the great Traveling Hero, slayer of the three evil lords, slayer of the king of Edges kingdom and two of the cardinal heroes. The kingdom of Midas welcomes you and I am its very own king of thieves King Diob*."

*Name read as DEE-O