5

Nichole was not responsible for the itinerary of this trip, but she also heard about his tour of Manhattan and Queens in these days.

Even Secretary Anthony was tempted to intervene; the day after playing golf with Charles, in the middle of the night he knocked on her door. He was especially anxious to discuss with her on how to deal with this. "This is not the way to act. Mr. Miller took office and needs to deliver results with a bunch of new subordinates. Instead, he runs abroad to eat and drink. I have to listen to the deputy manager complain repeatedly. "

In fact, Nichole has been pondering for two days, if she should use her identity as Elijah's daughter, go over Charles's head and directly meet Johnny Weil. But if she really wanted to go over his head, they had to find a company in this town to help bring the negotiating team to the table. She only knew Zhou Chang in this town.

Nichole shook her head to clear her thoughts and said: "Tomorrow morning we should go to see Mr. Miller and ask him what his plan is. If he can not give us a reasonable explanation, then isn't he worried about the repercussions if we spend the public money just eating and drinking?"

Although Secretary Anthony had been with his boss for many years, he was still very afraid of him. Hearing Nichole, he reluctantly said "Ok. "

The next day at nine o'clock, Nichole and Secretary Anthony went together to meet Charles. The attendants had just put breakfast on the table. Wearing a bathrobe, Charles came out of the bedroom, his wet hair parted to the side. They were staying in a five star hotel on the Fifth avenue. The window had a panoramic view of Manhattan. From this height, one could see pedestrians as small as ants hurrying about. The sun was shining through the window, the light reflecting in the beads of water on Charles's hair.

Charles did not seem to be surprised to see them both. He sat at the table by himself, put the towel aside,and picked up the newspaper. Charles turned two pages, slowly tilting his head towards Nichole and Secretary Anthony and said: "Have your breakfast. "

Anthony shook his head, still standing respectfully. Annoyed with the master and servant, Nichole immediately pulled the stool to sit down, picking up bread and butter.

Secretary Anthony seemed embarrassed to see Nichole and sat down helplessly. She took the plate of scrambled eggs and bacon that Charles was eyeing and placed it in front of Secretary Anthony on the table.

Anthony quickly waved, "Thank you, I wont eat. " After a dry cough, he got down to business, "Mr. Miller, I heard Mr. Weil's secretary say that Mr. Weil will be playing golf today, do you need me to arrange ......"

Charles did not say anything about the food that Nichole took away. He served himself coffee and said "No, I will go to the stables today. " Anthony was put in a a difficult position, he was wondering how to say the next sentence, when Nichole could not help but speak: "Johnny Weil certainly knows that you are in New York, yet you have not seen him. When the deal falls through, how do you intend to explain this to my dad?"

Hearing her words, Charles suddenly reached over to her. Seeing his casual attitude, Nichole did not think he was going to hit her, but she still flinched instinctively.

Yet she could not avoid his touch.

Charles's fingers slowly skimmed over her lips, carefully wiping the drop of butter in the corner of her mouth.

She frowned, expressing her disgust.

Nichole frowned, expressing her disgust. But Charles was in a rare good mood. He tasted the butter at his fingertips and looked at Nichole, his gaze teasing: "It tastes good. "