𝟎𝟎𝟕. 𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒓𝒖𝒕𝒉

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

𝑷𝑹𝑬𝑺𝑬𝑵𝑻 𝑻𝑰𝑴𝑬

Josh's POV

𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐖𝐄 𝐅𝐋𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆? Just like back then?

Back then, when I saw her in our high school dance studio, all I wanted to do was make her laugh and feel comfortable around me - or were we just becoming friends again? It was good for us to get our foundation back, weeks of filming and me talking to her every now and then was what got us to this position.

I remember the ninth day; she was filming that blindfolded basketball scene with the other featured dancers. The cast hung out in the room to shoot the next scene and she was then hanging out with Frankie and her dancers, and she mentioned that she was thirsty. I heard her, and without even thinking I grabbed a water bottle that was near me but pretended to casually walk by her and give the bottle.

I didn't even give her time to say thank you, she just smiled at my actions and I nodded before literally running out the room, trying to process what I just did and why. I guess I just wanted to be near her, or be there for her for one second. Well, safe to say I never stopped the stalker vibe around her.

But still, I had talked to her a couple times but she could sense I was still giving her the mild cold shoulder, but I was growing tired of it. It had been long enough and she was trying to rebuild a friendship. Her reluctance to face me was abundantly clear when I heard her talking to Frankie outside the dance studio.

"It's your lucky day sis, Josh is literally in there alone trying to nail Songs In Our Key before he heads out. I just left him for the Born To Be Brave rehearsal," I heard Frankie say in an encouraging tone. He got so excited that I heard his muffled voice earlier and turned off my music.

"B-but Sofia could do it, AND we've BOTH got to get to that rehearsal so let's just - "

It was so easy for me to recognise her voice. Her tone always turned a little sing-songy when she was stressed. My breaths turned quicker as the suspense festered - was she going to come in here? Was I finally going to spend some time alone with her? Is this even a good idea?!

"Yeah that's not happening, Sofia went home early and you've rehearsed that dance enough anyway and y'all need to talk, and you need to tell me everything that happens - Baii"

I quickly played my song again and dropped my head. I then took my headphones off again to see Chloe standing awkwardly behind me. She looked so nervous to be around me, that it made my heart twinge with guilt. I always saw her try to get me to be comfortable around her - and even though I believed my reasoning was valid - I didn't want her to feel like that anymore. I knew this was our chance for us to be who we really were - like those stupid kids, Joey and Coco.