An Unexpected Event Occurs

Alice Smith and her husband, Peter, were walking home from work. It had been a tiresome day and the sun was disappearing behind the hills. "I hope summer comes soon," said Alice, "It's getting awfully dark."  Her husband looked down at her. "Times are dark," he replied. Peter could feel something bad would happen, It was as if the world was holding its breath, almost about to breathe out. The only problem was that he couldn't tell if it was minor, like rain about to fall, or bigger, like him being fired from his job. "I hope Lily's okay, it would be terrible if she forgot her keys," this put a smile on their faces."You never fail to make a woman laugh, Pete," she replied. They passed over a dirt track, most commonly known as Veltic Close. The couple called it the rally track, purely because one day, they saw a few strange creatures running down it like a race. "I always loved this place, its a shame you have to take a train to get here," sighed Mrs Smith, "would you like to sit down?"  

"Sure..." 

Mr and Mrs Smith stood still, as if playing a game where the first person who moves is out, but instead it was something much, much worse... 

                                                                   *****

It was the next morning and Leo and Lily were once again watching the television. "I'm really worried about mum and dad, they should have been home yesterday," said Lily, biting her nails.

"How many times do I have to tell you! I have checked with the police, they didn't respond, and there's nothing on the news." This was what worried Lily. There was no news! It was like everything had paused.

 Leo put one arm around her, " It'l be okay, there's nothing we can do anyway. Veltic Close is too far for us to walk, and we can't hitch a ride, it'l be dangerous." Lily started to cry. 

"But what if somethings happened to them, what if their...their murdered." This was followed by a series of wails and Leo knew he had to do something.

"Don't worry... do you, by any chance, have any money," asked Leo, a plan forming in his head, "Ummmmmm," replied Lily, "I got ten pounds pocket money." This was enough, he thought, two train fares to London should only cost a little.

"Right, how do you fancy going to Veltic Close," Leo said smiling, "By train, of course." Lily jumped up and was already half out of the door before she remembered the pocket money.

"Let's go!" yelled Lily