Chapter 2

Silverkit awoke with a sneeze. She blinked sleep from her eyes while scanning her surroundings. Everything was dark and musty. Her head throbbed as if a rock had been slammed into it and her mind was blurred. What had happened? Where was she?
"S-Silverkit? You're awake!" Silverkit breathed a sigh of relief at the sound of Bramblekit's voice.
Dazed, she lifted her head and struggled to heave herself to her paws. The throbbing pain in her head was fading, and her memory was returning.
"Where are we? What happened to ThunderClan?" She wailed, her claws digging into the smooth stone below her pads.
"We're in BoneClan. They're a clan full of rogues who attack clans and stuff to steal their kits. They're planning on ruling the forest!" He replied, his yellow eyes full of worry.
"How do you know about all of this?" Silverkit asked.
"Fallingkit, Hailkit and I have been awake for ages. We know everything. You're the last." He boasted, puffing out his white chest.
"Where are Fallingkit and Hailkit?" She asked.
"Here," Fallingkit's voice sounded behind her. Silverkit swung around. Fallingkit and Hailkit padded toward her.
"Mudstar is about to call a meeting." Hailkit told her.
"Mudstar?"
"The leader." Fallingkit replied. "I'm so scared!"
"Me too," Bramblekit's voice trembled.
"What about Mousetail's litter? They're just a moon younger than us. Were they captured, too? What about the apprentices?" Silverkit's questions poured out.
"Yes, Mousetail's litter is here too. No, the apprentices weren't captured. Shadowflame said they knew too many ThunderClan moves. That means they could be trouble." Fallingkit said.
"Who's Shadowflame?" Blossomkit asked.
"You know, the black tom with the scar over his eyes. He's the deputy." Hailkit answered. Before Silverkit could ask all her other questions, a loud, spine-chilling voice range through the dark cave.
"Let all cats come for a gathering beneath the Blood Rock!"
"Quick, that's Mudstar!" Fallingkit's yellow eyes stretched wide. She bounded off toward a huge, red-coloured rock.
By the time Silverkit and her littermates had settled down, Mudstar had appeared on the 'Blood Rock'.
"See the red stuff on the rock?" Fallingkit quietly asked Silverkit. Silverkit nodded.
"It's real blood. That's where Mudstar kills cats that... 'displease' him." She whispered, shuddering.
Silverkit nodded again, secretly angry that she had been unconscious for so long while her littermates had found out lots of information.
"Cats of BoneClan," Mudstar yowled. He was a large, muscular tom, his pelt consisting of different shades of brown. His dusty fur was criss-crossed with scars. "As you all know, out last raid had been very successful. I am excited to announce that we have brought home nine new kits!"
The crowd cheered, but Silverkit noticed lots of the cats weren't joining in or cheering with half-hearted expressions on their faces. I wonder how many of these cats have been captured, and how many of them choose to live in BoneClan? She thought.
When she looked around, most cats had ribs poking out of their bodies and they had tangled fur that looked like it hadn't been cleaned in moons.
"Bring them up here." Mudstar demanded. Shadowflame dipped his head and leapt down. He nodded to the ginger tom and the brown tabby. They padded toward Silverkit and her littermates. The ginger tom picked up Fallingkit and Silverkit in his jaws and carried them up to the Blood Rock. Silverkit wrinkled her nose in disgust at the foul stench of dried blood all of the rock.
"Tell me your names one by one. You, white one, start." Mudstar glared at Fallingkit.
"Fallingkit," She whimpered, cowering against Bramblekit's side.
"Louder! I can't hear you!" Bonestar screeched.
"Her name is Fallingkit!" Silverkit yowled. She couldn't stand Mudstar pressuring Fallingkit. No one speaks like that to my sister! She thought.
"And who are you?" Mudstar demanded, his fiery amber eyes locked into hers.
"I-I- Silverkit." She replied, her heart pounding in her chest. All her confidence was gone.
"I'm sure the white kit can speak for herself." He hissed. "I won't have weak cats in my clan. The little white kit will have to toughen up if she is to survive here." He growled.
Her name is Fallingkit! Silverkit wanted to say, but she clamped her jaw shut.
"My name is Fallingkit." Fallingkit spoke up clearly. To Silverkit's surprise, her sister shot her an ungrateful look.
Mudstar nodded. "And you, what is your name?"
"Bramblekit." Her oldest brother said loudly.
"Hailkit."
"Dovekit." Silverkit's green eyes drifted to where Mousetail's kits were crouching. Dovekit was a long-furred, silver, black and light grey tabby with green eyes.
"Amberkit." The russet-ginger she-cats green eyes were wide with fear.
"Longkit." Longkit's caramel and black striped pelt shone in the weak light, and his green eyes burned with fear but determination.
"W-Whitekit," She was a tiny white she-cat with amber eyes.
"Shatteredkit." Shatteredkit, a white tom with a black tail, paws and a spot on his shoulder, was the last to speak.
"Okay. I will now make you apprentices." Bonestar spoke briefly.
What? We're five moons old, we still have a moon to go! And Mousetail's kits are only four moons! But Silverkit kept quiet. At least I get an apprentice name!
"Bramblekit, you are now Bramblepaw. Your teacher will be... Shadowflame." The deputy nodded briefly. Bramblepaw, obliviously not knowing what to do, simply nodded.
"Fallingkit, you are now Fallingpaw. Your teacher will be Otterfrost." The light brown tabby she-cat that had knocked Silverkit out nodded, her blue eyes shining. She had white paws, belly, chest and muzzle.
"Hailkit, you are now Hailpaw. Your teacher is Redstream." Mudstar nodded to a russet-furred tom with yellow eyes. Redstream nodded.
"Silverkit, you are now Silverpaw. Your teacher will be Brightfire." Silverpaw turned, trying to spot whoever Brightfire was. The ginger tom who had carried her up here nodded.
Great. I'm going to be taught by this flea-pelt. Silverpaw felt sad that she had not gotten her apprentice name in ThunderClan. Everything went so fast, and she felt no excitement. It was very different from what she imagined. Silverpaw was pulled out of her miserable thoughts by the cats of BoneClan chanting their names.
"Bramblepaw!"
"Fallingpaw!"
"Hailpaw!"
"Silverpaw!"
"Amberpaw!"
"Dovepaw!"
"Longpaw!"
"Whitepaw!"
"Shatteredpaw!'