Chapter 4

"Silverpaw! We have to go train!"
"What?" Silverpaw looked up from her scrawny sparrow. Bramblepaw's yellow eyes pierced into her blue ones. "We?"
"Yeah, Shadowflame is taking you too because Brightfire is busy. Guess what? He said we might even get to fight a real rogue! Aren't you excited?" The brown tabby hopped from one foot to another.
"I-I don't know. We've only had a day of training!" Is Mudstar crazy? He's ordering five moon old kits who've been trained for a day to fight rogues!
"So?" Bramblepaw shot back. "Shadowflame says its instinct to fight an enemy. He said it'll be a great chance to practice what we're training for."
Well, then Shadowflame has got bees in his brain, Silverpaw thought, but she didn't say it out loud. "Are Shatteredpaw, Dovepaw, Amberpaw, Whitepaw and Longpaw coming too?"
Bramblepaw shook his head. "Shadowflame says they're too small. He said I'm the strongest of our litter," he boasted.
Anger and frustration surged through Silverpaw. Shadowflame here, Shadowflame there! I want to go home! She couldn't help feeling as if Bramblepaw was starting to like it here. They had to try and get back to ThunderClan! Yes! That's what I'll do. I'll come up with a plan with Fallingpaw's help and we can get out of her with Bramblepaw, Hailpaw and the others! Although, there were about ten other kits- apprentices- around here, too. They shouldn't have to live the rest if their lives in this cruel, horrible place!
"Hey, Bramblepaw, Silverpaw!" Fallingpaw scampered up to them. "Are you coming with Shadowflame, Bramblepaw and us? He's taking all of us hunting!"
Silverpaw didn't feel like hunting. She just wanted to get away from this horrid place. Should I refuse? No! I have to get out of this dark cave!
She followed Fallingpaw and Bramblepaw out of the thorn barrier, where Shadowflame was waiting. His tail twitched impatiently.
"Bramblepaw, I asked you to fetch all your littermates. Where's Hailpaw?" He greeted them coldly.
"I'll fetch him," Silverkit volunteered. "I saw him; I know where he went."
"Well, what are you waiting for, then?" Shadowflame snapped. "Move your paws!"
As Silverpaw scampered back into the dark BoneClan cave, she noticed dawn spilling across the sky. We've been here for two days. We have to escape! I'm going to talk to Fallingpaw later. She'll help me come up with a plan, and we'll get out if here! We're going to see ThunderClan again! And-
"Oof!" Something slammed into Silverpaw, knocking her out of her deep thoughts.
"Hey, watch where you're going!" A voice hissed above her, but she could her there was a hint of amusement. Startled, she looked up, finding herself staring into a pair of deep yellow eyes. He was a pure black tom who looked about her age. Although his body was sleek and skinny, muscles rippled under his dark glossy pelt.
"Who are you?" He asked her.
"I-I- my name is Silverpaw. What's yours?" Silverpaw stammered. Her shoulder still throbbed a little.
"I'm Ravenpaw." He said, his long black tail swishing from side to side. Silverpaw waited for him to say more, but he just stood there, his yellow gaze piercing into hers.
"Well, uh..." Suddenly, Silverpaw spotted a flash of a grey speckled pelt. Hailpaw! "I'm sorry, but I have to go. See you around!" She bounded off after Hailpaw, not looking back at Ravenpaw.

"You caught that vole?" Fallingpaw called between mouthfuls of a sparrow hanging limply from her jaws. She scampered over to Silverpaw, her yellow eyes shining.
"Yeah," Silverpaw felt pride swell in her chest. She dropped the plump vole at her paws.
"It'll give us a lot of energy to escape."
Fallingpaw had been thinking the same thing! Silverpaw had forgotten about escaping; her mind had been jumping from hunting, to ThunderClan and to Ravenpaw. She glanced up at the sky, noticing a few stars were visible in the grey dawn light. Is StarClan still watching over us? She wondered. How far is ThunderClan? She opened her moth to reply, but before she could get a word out, twigs snapped behind her and Shadowflame padded out of the ferns.
"Hurry up, the clan is hungry!" He spat. Then he lashed his tail and stalked off.
"When do we escape?" Silverpaw asked as soon as she was sure the deputy was out of earshot.
"Tonight." Fallingpaw replied. "Otterfrost showed me the territory yesterday, and she told me about this huge river. It's dangerous; she'd said. The water was thundering. It was pretty scary." She admitted.
"So?"
"So, Otterfrost showed me this mossy old tree trunk that had fallen over the river. She said u shouldn't try to cross it, because the other side of the river wasn't BoneClan territory. The trees on the other side looked a bit familiar; like the tree in the ThunderClan camp clearing!"
"Maybe if we can get to the other side, we'll find ThunderClan!" Silverkit's heart pounded. She was going to see her home again!
"Exactly. We just have to tell Brambepaw and Hailpaw." Fallingpaw nodded.
"What about Mousetail's kits? And the others? They don't deserve to stay here!"
Fallingpaw looked thoughtful. "Okay. I know! Hailpaw, Bramblepaw, you and me, we'll escape tonight. But wwe'll tell the other kits about it in groups. Each night, they'll sneak out. We'll be waiting."
"Are you sure it'll work?" Silverpaw asked, doubt filling her. "Bonestar will realise what's going on."
"That's why we'll have to be careful." Fallingpaw murmured. "Are you in?"
"Yes!"
"Good. Lets go tell Bramblepaw, Hailpaw and the other kits!"
Silverpaw followed her sister back to camp, excitement bubbling inside her. She couldn't wait to return to ThunderClan.
Little did she know that their escape plan would turn into a disaster...