Chapter 13

It was an other-worldly feeling, being stuck here in some sort of limbo. Ana wasn't entirely sure if she was dead, or pulled back into the darkness like she had been when the brethren leader had showed her the memory of her former self. But this seemed entirely different. She didn't feel peace, or fear, or anger, or happiness, wherever she currently was. She just, was.

She had little opportunity to try to figure it out. Her mind was suddenly overtaken with the overwhelming, burning desire to feed; it enveloped her very soul as she felt herself hurtling through what seemed to be nothing. Even though she couldn't see anything at all at this point, somehow she knew was moving towards what her very being was screaming out for: food. In no time at all, she made a crash landing into what appeared to be a large body of water, her senses tingling with the excitement that soon, the hunt would begin. She swam through the deep water, sensing that she had more than four limbs as she moved, allowing her to move with grace and speed.

Her head broke the surface of the water. She was near the shore, and caught the most delicious, satisfying, mouth-watering scent she had ever experienced, the hunger now being increased ten fold as she searched for the source. The sight of bipedal beings moving about on the ground confirmed that they were the prey she was desiring so desperately, and it barely registered that there were dozens of them around her as she stormed the beach in a bellowing roar. She reared up on her back four legs, the beings covered in white cloth starting to scatter in fright at her sudden appearance, and she lunged forward to catch one in her giant mouth, razor-like teeth cutting through the flesh like butter. It was the best thing she'd ever tasted, and after swallowing the body in a few gulps, she chased down and caught another, then another.

The instinct to keep hunting was suddenly cut short as a searing pain ran through her entire body. She screeched in agony as she started to stumble about the ground, then smash into the sand in a shuddering heap. Her prey had now completely disappeared, having had the opportunity to flee, and she was alone for an unknown amount of time, exposed and vulnerable.

Her strength slowly began to return to her little by little as she writhed on the ground, and she was able to pull herself up, dragging a few dead limbs as she searched for a safe place to rest. She found a cave that was nestled in the mountains, taking every ounce of will power to get there and clamber inside, and then curled into a ball to rest. She started to sleep.

In the images that followed where she was quiet and not moving, Ana's mind started to buck the notion that she was suddenly a large, murderous spider-monster. It was almost like trying to concentrate on a thought while nearing drifting off to sleep, but she was able to recognize that what she was experiencing was what Pennywise had described to her, when he had attacked the fae on her home planet and was weakened after eating them. She was seeing Pennywise's past through his point of view.

Even though time seemed irrelevant while Ana was caught in the deadlights, she could sense that it was years before Pennywise started to stir and awaken once again. She now knew she was seeing his past through his perspective, but she was still very much experiencing the feelings he had at the time, and right now, she felt his seething hatred for those stupid little creatures, along with the usual insatiable hunger.

He was hurtling through nothingness again. Another crash landing, this time on a hard, rocky surface, creating a large crater in his wake. Ana knew he had arrived to Earth. The prey he desired had not had the opportunity to evolve yet, so he slumbered under the ground with an empty stomach. Immense, uncontrollable anger over took him as he waited, hating the stupid turtle for essentially banishing him to this predicament and tainting the meat that was so delectable.

The humans had finally taken shape. Ana was absolutely horrified as she experienced through his eyes, the killing and devouring of hundreds of them. Then sleep. Then he awoke again, this time not so desperately hungry, having far less time in between feedings, and he began to experiment. He stalked them, learned their thoughts, memories, desires; eventually he learned that fear was the best way to season the meat. The taste even then didn't come close to what he had had in the previous dimension, but it was still enjoyable, and it would do.