Chapter 1: Burritos, Buffalo, And Being Scared Out Of Their Right Minds!

*DING DING DING!!!*

"Ugh nooooooo. 5 more minutes!" A small bump underneath a thick blanket moves away from the alarm.
"I just wanna SLEEP!" She says as she hits the alarm with her stuffed Alligator. She slowly starts to sit up and get used to her surroundings yet again. Rubbing her eyes, she gets up out of her cocoon of her thick blanket and started to get ready for the day. She grabs the glass of water by her bed which she has every morning along with her medicine. She downs the pill and starts to walk towards her massive closet.

"OKAY! What to wear today?"
She moves around for about 15-20 minutes checking for something to wear. She settles on a denim skirt and a light blue to white ombré crop top. She grabs her white vans and goes to her vanity. "OKAY! Make-up!" She looks in the mirror and decided on a neutral look with white and tan. She then picks a nude colored lipgloss and opens her room door to go into her hallway.

"GOOD MORNING STATES!"

"UGH ITS TOO EARLY GO BACK TO SLEEP FLORIDA!"

That's right, this girl is Florida. The lovable state who is always smiling. Her human name is Fauna F Jones. She has light brown hair that she usually wears down, and the greenest eyes you've ever seen. She's about 5"4 and has a bit of a temper.

Her brothers and sisters love her. She is Florida! However, behind her smiling she's a scared little girl. And then only person who knows this is Georgia. Her best friend and even if not blood related, her sister.

Georgia G. Jones is a tall, mighty woman. She has a very orange-red and very thick hair that she usually wears in a ponytail. She has blue eyes and is 5"7. There's a bit of a height difference between the two but that doesn't stop them from being tied at the hip.

  "Good morning Georgia!" Fauna says and walks into the kitchen where she gets started on breakfast. She grabs a tortilla and starts to make a breakfast burrito. "Hey Fauna. How are ya?"
"I'm actually doing really good today! No nightmares!!"
Georgia smiles and grabs her coffee and takes a sip.
"So, how are you Georgia?" Fauna asked, smiling to herself, listening contently to her sisters words. Georgia was like a god to Fauna. She was one of the 13, everyone usually looked up to her.

"I'm doin' good. Thinkin' bout goin' to the store."
"Oh! What are you going for?"
Georgia puts her paper that she was reading down and smirks at the energetic little state.

"I need Oranges."
"DID SOMEBODY SAY ORANGES?!"
California, in all his glory, came out behind his door, and ran all the way to the kitchen. By the time he made it both Georgia and Fauna were laughing,

California, or Cas C. Jones was the personification of California. He has blonde hair and always wore a scarf, because he "had to be fabulous." Cas also was Fauna's best ally. Even if they were rival enemies in mostly everything they do as states, they end up being friends no matter what.

"HAHA OH MY GOD!" Fauna said falling down on her knee's. And started to control her laughter.
"Hmph. It's not funny! I heard Oranges!"
Just then Fauna and Georgia started up again until New York, or Niall walked out of his room, yelled to shut up with some not so very nice language and went back into his room. That shut Georgia and Fauna up quickly. Only because one one wants to be on York's bad side.

"Good morning Cas!" Fauna said, going back to her burrito.
"Ughh morning. I seriously thought there were gonna be oranges!"
"No, there isn't, but if ya were listenin' ya would've heard I was talkin' bout going to the store and gettin' oranges." Cas's eyes light up and ask quickly,
"CAN I GO?!"
"Yeah you can. Plus it'll be fun with someone!"
Fauna finished her burrito and started to eat it. She hmmed at the deliciousness that was from the warm burrito.
"WOW! Aren't i good at cooking or what?" She said, licking her fingers. She went back into the kitchen and got herself a glass of milk and drank it.

"Okay well I'm off, gotta go do some cleaning in my room!" Fauna said, after placing the glass into the sink that's someone was bound to clean. Hopefully at least.

When Fauna entered her room, she started to put her dirty clothes inside her laundry hamper and put the clean ones back on the rack. After she was done picking up trash and clothes, she moved to organization. She organized her desk, her side table and her closet which didn't take as much time as one sees. After she finished that, she decided to do some paperwork. She is a state after all.

"IM DONE!" She admires the work that she finished and then checks her clock. It was already 2:00! She opened her door and noticed everyone was being a bit quiet. Why though? Was Dad home? She walked out into the hallway and started to go towards the living room, which you get to through the dining room. She goes around the corner and sees that absolutely no one is there.

"Hmm. Maybe they went outside?"

She goes outside and when she walks outside the sun falls on her skin like a warming blanket covering her from the cold. The sun shines in her face until she can get used to the blinding object. And she sees... Absolutely no one.

"WHERE DID EVERYONE GO?!" Fauna was about to start panicking when she felt the ground shake and hear light yelling in the distance.

"-na! FAUNA! FAUNA! RUN!"
She looked to her left and there was Wyoming, running from a pack of stampeding Buffalo.
"WYATT? WHAT THE HECK?!"
Wyatt W. Jones, the state of Wyoming. He has Black hair and tan skin. He also loves Buffalo. Which was weird considering he was running away from them.
"I HAVE NO TIME TO EXPLAIN! JUST RUN!"
Wyatt grabbed Fauna's hand and started booking it back to the house as fast as they could.

"LOUISIANA! LOUISIANA!"
"Oh mon Dieu what is it Wyoming?"
"PUT A BARRIER AROUND THE HOUSE! HURRY!"
"What? Why?"
"NO TIME! UNLESS YOU WHAT TO GET RUN OVER BY 10,000 BUFFALO I SUGGEST YOU DO WHAT IM SAYIN'!"
Louisiana or Luna L. Jones. She's a magical little one. (Because she Louisiana for goodness sakes.) She changes her hair color often so she doesn't have just one in particular. But she does have Brown eyes. And those can't change.

"THERE!"
"OK GOOD!"
Wyoming just plopped on the ground and gasped for breath, while Fauna was looking around confused and scared. That's when Luna saw her, practically shaking.

"Hey Fauna, come here."
Fauna had attention so quickly it scared Luna. She knew that Fauna has just ran from something she probably didn't even know about so she must be scared.

"You okay?" Fauna nodded her head shakily and pointed towards their rooms.

"Oh you want to go into your room?" Luna asked, trying to help Fauna the best she can. Fauna shook her head up and down and Luna helped her into her room.

"Ok you can go to sleep, you've probably have had a rough day." Fauna nodded and plopped on her bed and took some much needed rest. For now at least.

Luna walked out of Fauna's room and headed back to the living room.
That's when someone else much younger came running in.
"LUNA! LUNA! IM SO SORRY!"
It was Hawaii! Or Hani H Jones. She had long black hair that was always silky and had a flower amongst her left side of her head. She was shorter than everyone else was, about 5"2.

"Oh Hawaii? What's up?"

"IM SORRY!"
Luna was a bit confused.
"Uhm, what for?"
"THE COUNTRIES FOUND OUT!"

Luna went pale. Oh no. They found out. Then Luna started to think about the 13. What would they think?

"I'm sorry!"

"No Hani, it's not your fault. They were going to find out sooner or later. But we have to go tell Delilah. And round up the states."

Delilah was the oldest, also known as Delaware. She had Blonde hair that's was straight and about shoulder length. She had Green eyes and all in all kind of looked like England. Just a bit. But she held the state meetings. So they had to go see her to make one.

"Oh... ok."

"It's okay, you did nothing wrong, remember it's not your fault okay?"

Hani shook her head up and down and held onto Louisiana's side. They went into the living room and Lou and behold there was Delilah.
"Hey Delilah, we need to talk..."