1: The Fearless Daughter

SABRINA

Over the past five years, I have been an excellent spy. No failed missions, no witnesses at the crime scene and no one seemed to know who Sabrina is.

Except for my father.

I am almost invincible- that is why I am called Fearless. But for now, big things are taking a huge turn where I did not expect and I need to do something or else, I'll die and everything I've built over the past few years would come down with me. My reputation, name, family, diginity...would all burn in ashes.

A huge fire covered the entire building I am supposed to take the undisclosed information of some government official. Someone already took care of the mess they've gotten themselves to.

The thing is, wala akong alam kung anong meron sa mga information na nakukuha ko from these missions. But, they are not as clean as they look and everytime na mabasa ko ang evil deeds nila sa paper, lalo akong nawawalan ng pag-asa para sa bansang 'to.

Now, what do I do with this fire? I am clearly not as fireproof as they say how I am so invisible. I look weak, yes. That's why people seem to underestimate of how strong I can be- therefore exceeding their expectations leaving them off-guard.

But they did not underestimate anything- I am really weak.

There is a fascinating glow that emanates from the Hazenberg's mansion which left me completely dazed while it burns everything- debris falling all over our perfectly mowed lawn.

The fire keeps spreading and even the trees surrounding the big mansion were caught on fire. Everything around me is on fire while I stood and watch everything.

Sobrang init ng apoy na kumakain sa buong mansyon namin pero wala akong magawa kung hindi titigan ito.

I don't know what will happen anymore, I don't know where will I sleep after this- why does this happen to us?

I did nothing until some hand grabbed my own and we ran.

There seems to be a huge explanation on why does fire manages to not stay away from me.

"Miss, anong ginagawa mo d'yan? Baka mahulugan ka ng kahoy!"

People from the building kept running outside and stood far from the scene to watch it. While I am just a few feet away sa building and they keep on pulling me away from it.

Ah. This is my first failed mission.

What happens when we fail a mission? I don't know- but the thing is...I've never failed a mission so how would I know?

Then I saw Mayor Glen Roces, an official I was tasked on stealing his undisclosed information. There was an unexplainable grin from his face watching the burning building with a hundred of employees trapped inside.

I clenched my fist and was about to go beside him when the fire trucks and police cars came. I fled the scene as fast as I could.

-

"I'm sorry, sir."

There was no sound heard except from the loud aircon and the spinning of Father Adam's chair.

He has his mask on- for the last seven years he adopted me he never took off those masks and I never got to see what he looked like without it. Not that I badly wanted to but it's just out of my curiosity.

"Anything suspicious you saw?" He asks putting both his elbow on top of the table and placing his chin on his left palm. I bowed when I saw a glint on his eyes.

"I saw Mayor Glen Roces with his wife and he's smiling while watching the building burn. I caught it on camera, sir." I placed the small camera on his table.