vii. maybe in love

❝ 𝗶'𝗺 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗽𝗮𝗹𝗮𝗱𝗶𝗻, ❞

𝖩𝖠𝖭𝖴𝖠𝖱𝖸 25𝗍𝗁, 1985

"WHEELER! GET THE FUCK UP!" Max basically screamed into his ear. Mike slowly opened his eyes and looked at the redheaded girl, who seemed worried.

"What? It's Saturday!" Mike spoke, turning around.

Max rolled her eyes and slapped him.

"Ouch!" He said, finally getting up. "What is it?"

"Wheeler, your mom keeps coming back at night, and she almost saw me. I think I have to go home." Max explained. The raven-haired boy knew she was sad, even though she didn't show it.

"No offence, but that is not a home." Mike said, getting out of bed. He was wearing black sweap pants and an orange shirt with white stripes. "If you go back there, you are going to get hurt."

"I need to solve this with my mom. I can't stay here forever." Max said. The freckled boy ran his hands through his hair, as he looked back at her.

He believed he's never seen someone more perfect than Max Mayfield. Her red fiery hair was like a beautiful rose, and her piercing blue eyes looked like the ocean and he slowly wanted to drown in them. Maybe, just maybe, he had a small crush on her.

Or maybe a bigger one.

"Why? We'll be off to college soon and-" Mike said, but the redhead cut him off.

"Exactly. I don't want to leave with a bad relationship with my mom. Do you understand?" She asked.

"Of course." Mike forced a smile,got up, and he couldn't help but hug her. She was surpised, but she didn't pull back.

It felt oddly...weird. "Also, what time is it?" He asked.

Max checked the time. "3 am." The redhead girl replied.

"Awesome. Now I guess I'm going to eat breakfast at 3 am." He got up.

"Just go back to bed, Wheeler." She rolled her eyes.

"Easy for you to say, Ms. "I can fall alseep in two minutes"." Mike said, and the redhead rolled her eyes again.

"Just shut up." She said, and he put his arms up in defeat. "I'll see you at school on Monday?" She asked, and Mike nodded.

Five minutes later, they were both downstairs, as the redhead was just leaving. Right before she left, the curly-haired boy made his way to her.