Chapter 15

RPOV
It was now day twenty-one and I had just successfully learned how to stake- properly and efficiently.

The second Dimitri had his stake secured his lips were on mine.

This was it, we were going to finally explode and give in. I'd mastered staking to a level which meant the next week would have almost no training done.

So far, we'd taken advantage of this time to train me. Now we were going to take advantage of the rest of this opportunity to take advantage of each other. I loved the man to no end, and he'd finally get to know just how much he meant to me.

I'd be dead meat- or just dead- without him, his training and his dragging me back to school then saving my ass from expulsion. He'd risked his reputation to save my butt in the first place, now he was risking his career to treasure me, to be with me, and to love me.

We had no control over our destiny, fate, and soulmate. I was very lucky he was my soulmate, that I had been destined to be his-to be with him- and was extremely lucky fate had brought us together. Neither of us liked the way we'd been brought together, but we'd long since accepted it and couldn't care less about the professional roles we played in the other's life. They were needed, a necessity, because he was the only who could handle me, train me, make me excellent. He was only one who could see my mature side and bring it out. Then again, he could see right through me.

That's not to say he could completely cure me of my recklessness, and you can probably guess why. Being an item, being involved, with him was the most reckless, dangerous, and risky thing I could possibly do. But it was worth it, he was.

I loved him, he was my soulmate, and I knew how unlikely it was we'd ever get this kind of chance again. We'd been given the chance of a lifetime- to put each other and ourselves first, to live our lives for us.