Chapter 2

Jack's Point of View

Snowballs and fun times, that's what I did all day.

It's now evening and after this very tiring yet fun day, I felt so bored.

Since we, the very wonderful and amazingly powerful guardians defeated the freakishly weak boogeyman, all we need to do is to make sure the children are safe and happy.

And that is all we do every day.

But sometimes, we're here North's workshop to help his elves, yetis, and workers. Wrapping gifts, painting the toys and many more kinds of stuff.

And now, I am here at his workshop, ambling around, holding my staff while the rest of its weight is resting on my shoulders. My eyes traveled throughout the whole room, it's only a few months till Christmas, yetis are working with the toys while the elves wrapped the gifts.

The sound of the bells at the end of their hats filled the room, it's quite irritating but I'm kinda used to it now.

Then I walked a few distances, I peeked through the window and observed the night sky.

The moon is smiling at me while the stars around it are blinking and twinkling, the auroras are so perfect.

I wonder who else stares at this beauty right now. Does he or she believe in me?

I slip my hand to the front pocket of my hoodie. I suddenly felt the one that North gave me, my center.

I didn't know that it's in here. . .

I just stared at it and caressed it with my thumb.

Fun...

"Jack! Help me build a snowman!"

"Ahh!" I held my temple as I felt excruciating pain in the nerves in my head and my eyes automatically shut because of that pain.

That memory. . .

My hands involuntarily let go of my staff causing my staff to fell down the floor.

"Jack! Are you okay?" North exclaimed then I heard footsteps running towards me.

He caressed my back while I felt bunny kneeled to grab my staff and he gave it to me.

A gritted to my teeth until the pain is gone after a few seconds.

"What's happening to you, Jack?"

"there's this memory."

"Memory?" Tooth repeated, her brows are furrowed and her lips are parted.

I just nodded to her.

"Another missing memory?" Bunny asked with the same reaction as Tooth.

"Maybe the Tooth box has the answer, Jack," North suggested.

"No, no matter how many times I tried to bring these memories back, I can't find it," I said.

In my mind, I only remember a figure of small, but her face, everything that we have done, I can't remember.

But weirdly, my heart can still feel the happiness the little girl brought me. I maybe can't remember the memories, but the fun, it's still here in me.

It's weird that I'm already a guardian back then with her.

So it technically means that Jaimie isn't the first kid who believed in me, it's her.

But everything has forgotten.

There's this feeling that pursues me to find that missing piece of my memories.