Chapter 4

I am staring straight at the ceiling of my room, my eyes are tracing the patterns of the snowflake chandelier that is hanging from the ice ceiling.

My back is laying down on my comfortable bed, and I stayed at this position since my eyes opened early in the morning. 

Hearing a few sounds of waterfalling and splashing down from the falls.  

Then I snickered when I heard two lively squeals from Bruni and Gale followed by a neighing sound made by the Nokk and the deep and echoic chuckles coming from the rock giants. 

I sighed and pulled myself out of my bed. 

I stretched my arms as I yawned before standing and getting off the bed. 

I walked a few steps away from my bed, going to my securely locked up window. 

"When all is lost, then all is found."

I rolled my eyes when I suddenly heard his voice and remembered him. 

Tch, that arrogant guy. 

I twirled my hands, and the cold breeze of winter air suddenly damped on my face as my window opened. I leaned on my window sill with my eyes closed as I felt and sniffed the wind breeze. 

The sound of the water became louder to my ears. 

Then I heard a lively squeal again, that's why I giggled and opened my eyes. Gale was caught by my eyes, twirling around with her reddish autumn leaves.

The sun shines so brightly and delicate, and just like the wind, its rays damped on my face, causing a bit of warm feeling. 

Snow is everywhere that my eyes can see, the leaves of the trees are covered with snow as well as the ground. The only thing that isn't frozen around here is the river connected to the dark sea that is near my house for it contains magic. 

Gale came closer to where the rock giants stand, I narrowed my eyes, and I saw someone above the leader of the giants' shoulders, there stands Bruni, who can barely be seen because of his size. 

I partly covered my lips and with my left hand and giggled at Bruni's adorableness. 

I waved back while smiling genuinely as they all waved at me. 

The Nokk is just spinning round and round above the water of the river beside my house. 

I let a sigh out with a smile on my face. 

I turned back and started walking away from the window.

When I reached the ice stairs, I hold onto the handle and I sighed as I returned my gaze to the hall of my room.

*

"Y-You have ice powers too?" The boy named Jack Frost asked in disbelief.

I looked at him as same as he looked at me, we're both confused.

"Y-Yes, I thought I'm the only one who has ice powers," I stated before slightly raising my hands, then I stared at them.

"This is unbelievable." He's still staring at me with his lips parted, and eyes narrowed.

We stayed silent and stared at each other a few seconds the snowflake had dropped on the ice floorings of my room.

Then the next thing I knew is that he hopped out of the window and was blown away by the wind as if he's controlling it.

"Hey, Wait!" I yelled and ran towards the window as fast as I could.

The moment I reached the window, I bent there while peeking and finding him.