Chapter 13

Xiao Zhan was spacing out inside the elevator thinking how did he ended up falling in love with Yibo. Aiya isn't this too clichè? He thought as he closed his eyes, very deep in thought that he holds his chin.

Well, the PA could say that the CEO is very sweet and straightforward. He even has a handsome face, a hardworking man and actually very kind despite having a poker face. Xiao Zhan nods his head slightly, I can see why everyone seems to be attracted with him.

"It seems like Mr. Xiao is thinking about something." Hearing his name being mentioned, he quickly opened his eyes and saw a tall man who had a soft smile on his face. "Ah, good afternoon, mister Huai Kuan, I was just thinking of... Paperwork," he chuckled awkwardly as he gave a short bow at the chairman from another branch of the Wang Corp. He also found out about a month ago that he was the man inside the room where Xiao Zhan had pushed Wang Yibo and he is also Yibo's step-brother.

"Good afternoon, you seem to be in high spirits,"he said politely and Xiao Zhan shifted for a bit inside the elevator. "Ahaha, about that..." The elevator door made a sound of ding as it opens. To the PA's surprise, it's the CEO with an impassive look on his face but after seeing his step-brother and Xiao Zhan together, there was an obvious frown on his face.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Wang," he greeted and gave him a short bow. Yibo gave him a slight nod.

"Hello, brother. Where have you been?" The chairman greeted and Yibo stepped inside between them. "I went down and waited with Ms. Qi for her ride to arrive," he said calmly and Lu Huai Kan smiled at him.

Xiao Zhan sighed in his heart, look at this man, assisting women even outside work. He stayed silent as he quietly listen to the brothers' conversation.

"Mother said that she wanted to see Ms. Qi for dinner," the chairman said as he looked at Yibo. "Yes, I already invited her tonight."

"Then it's settled. Oh here's my floor. I need to discuss with the stockholders," Lu Huai Kuan said as he gave the two a smile and excused himself inside the elevator. Xiao Zhan politely bid him farewell and so did Yibo.

Once the elevator doors closed, the awkward atmosphere appeared between them. Xiao Zhan doesn't know what to say and Yibo isn't muttering anything. Xiao Zhan gave a low cough and said,"Is the weather outside nice?"

Why of all of things am I asking that!? Xiao Zhan wanted to facepalm and hide.

He hears a slight snort and the CEO replied, "It is. It would be if you can actually see it." Damn- The PA's heart was pounding since it was the first time he heard the CEO snorting.

"Ah, then I'll check it out through my window later," he replied as he just stared at the closed elevator doors. Aiya, why is the elevator slower than usual?

"Zhan-ge," the CEO called out. "Ah? Yes, Mr. Wang- I mean, Yibo?"

"Cancel all of my appointment this coming Friday," Yibo instructed as he fixed the fancy watch on his wrist. "Noted, sir." Xiao Zhan was going to be honest, he felt disappointed. He thought he was gonna say something important about him.

"I don't mean to be nosey but why do you want to cancel all of your appointment this Friday? There's supposed be a meeting with the new release of textiles," Xiao Zhan said as he looked over his clipboard.

"I have a dinner with Ms. Qi," he calmly replied and Xiao Zhan wanted to smack this CEO ah! "Oh," that's what all he could reply and internally he was screaming. Why? Wang Yibo loves him, does he not? Why- For just a lady, he had to cancel everything for her? Aren't they already eating together with his family tonight?