ix

Credits for the picture above: anadia-chan

(A/N: double update to make up for my lies that I would update on October. Got some stuff going on, but now I'm back my lovelies!! I don't have any words to express my gratitude for achieving 2,2K reads. I am so happy! Now enjoy reading.)

P.S: some extra marichat included ;)

Marinette's POV

Once again, I ran away from Adrien back to my house. I knew him loving me was too good to be true. He had Lila as girlfriend AND he was in love with her! I shouldn't have fallen in love with him. I am so stupid.

-"Oh Mari, I am so sorry it didn't work out. Just forget about him! Here, have one!"

Tikki my generous kwami, gave me one of the cookies I use to bake for her.

-"Thank you Tikki, you are the best".

-"Now, why don't we watch some movies to forget about Adrien? A comedy maybe!"

-"Of course!"

3rd person POV

While Marinette and Tikki were looking for a good comedy movie to forget about all the disasters going on in her life, Chat Noir was watching her from afar.

He knew how much damage he has done to her. He knew he should leave her alone since his father ordered him and since he felt like he was committed to ladybug, but it felt so right. Is it possible to be in love with two girls at the same time? He wondered. No, he couldn't do that to Marinette nor Ladybug, so he had to make his choice now.
If he went inside Marinette's house, he loved Marinette. If he continue his patrol and tried to find Ladybug, he loved her.

-"Woah, that was a pretty funny movie you've chosen, Marinette!"

-"Yeah, it was! Well, it is almost time for patrol with Chat Noir."

Marinette finished that sentence with a small growl, since she was mad at the cat superhero. He had encouraged her to talk to the blond model. Turns out it ended up being a mess.

Before she could pronounce the magic words to transform into her superhero persona, a knock on the window was heard.

-"Chat Noir? What are you doing here this late at night?" -She questioned.

-"Princess, I need to talk to you, it's urgent."-He pleaded.

-"Not now, Chat. I am super mad at you. Turns out Adrien already had a girlfriend and to top it all off, he is in love with her."

Chat noir was about to tell her she was wrong, but he had an idea in mind. A risky idea, yet intelligent.

-"I am so sorry princess, I really thought he was going to do the right thing. I mean, look at you! You are purr-fect"-He said, winking at the last word.

-"Pfft. Your puns are really disastrous! But I appreciate it. It's alright, I got ov r him already. It was just a silly crush- She lied to herself.

Chat Noir felt his heart die a little bit after hearing that. But he deserved it. After all, it was his fault Marinette was hurt.

-"Well, can I invite you, my princess, on a midnight stroll through the park?" -he asked, extending his hand for Marinette to take.

-"I would like that, Chat, but sadly, I am not feeling that well, do you want to come in, tho?"

-"That would be nice, it's freezing outside!"

Marinette took Chat's hand and pull it inside her room. It was nice and warm, with a faint smell of chocolate chip cookies from Tikki's leftovers.

-"Feel free to sit at my bed, I am just going to change into my pajamas. Be right back!"

And within a second, she disappeared from the room. Chat noir took it as an opportunity to wander around the spacious room, inspecting it. He looked around the cork at the wall, and down below, there was a small trash can, with pictures of Adrien in it, all torn apart. Ouch.

He continued walking around and saw Marinette's notebook, where she kept all of her drawings and designs. Chat Noir thought it would be a good idea to open it and give her some ideas for new designs, since his father, the well known Gabriel Agreste (a bitch) was a famous designer. The first couple of pages were some designs for dresses, with details and colors. The next pages after that were some scraps, such as hats, shirts, and even gloves with paws inspired in chat noir. He smiled at that. But when he reached the last filled page, he saw a perfect, detailed drawing of Chat Noir. The ears looked pointy, the suit seemed to appear as real leather and to top it all off, his green orbs were the final touch. It was a beautiful drawing. But, why him? Why not Adrien, his long time crush or maybe Alya, her best friend? Before he could answer the question for himself, he heard a voice coming from behind.

-"I drew that after you came by yesterday. When you told me you were going to protect me no matter what, I felt so... happy. Even though I got my heart broken I felt so safe. And when you hugged me, I felt calm, like I knew you were going to be there for me every time I needed you. So I drew this to show my gratitude, to show how thankful I am for having you as a friend Chat Noir. When you told me Ladybug was always rejecting you, I felt you. I am going through the same mess as you had. And it is horrible, but knowing you are by my side, really makes all of my worries wash away, vanish in the air. What I am trying to say is, no matter what Ladybug or others say about you, you are a great superhero chat, you are not a sidekick, you are a partner."

"You will always be my hero, Chat Noir."