Chapter 1

It was really dark out and I was riding on the back of Sean's motorcycle with my arms around his waist through the streets, being chased by police cars.

Turns out, he was picking me up from school and he decided to break into a satellite facility.

"Hey, Sean! Why did you break into a satellite facility?" I ask through the helmet that I was wearing.

"You know why, Y/n. We have to find out who sent those messages." He replied going through a person's driveway and into their backyard, running over decorations and other things.

"Y/n! Hold on!" Sean yelled, making me tighten my grip on his waist.

The bike ended up going up a slide and over the pool but couldn't make it towards the other side.

"Y/n! Jump!" He yelled, as we both jumped off the motorcycle and into the pool, along with the motorcycle.

We both swam to the side, catching our breath as our bodies are covered in water.

"You okay?" Sean asked, as I started to cough out water.

"Yeah. You?" I ask, making him nod in response.

Just then, Sean gets blinded by a sort of flash. We both looked up and saw 2 policemen standing over us with a flashlight mostly on Sean.

"Hello, boys. Wanna do a late night swim?" Dean asked them with a small smile.

The police arrived to the scene, as we both got towels over our bodies. Sean's motorcycle was getting taken away.

Not too far, I saw Hank talking to a police officer so I nudged Sean and nodded my head towards Hank.

"Hey, Anderson! Your stepfather is here for ya!" The police officer yelled, mostly to Sean.

Sean got up and took the towel off his body, as I followed after him.

Sean glanced at Hank as he continued walking to the car.

"If it weren't for me, you would be in juvie for the next 6 months." Hank said to Sean.

"Rather do the time." Sean replied, walking back to the car as I followed after him.

When we got home, we all got out of the car and into the house, seeing Mom standing there with her robe on.

"Do you want to explain to me why you were breaking into a satellite facility out in the middle of nowhere? Especially after you picked up Y/n?" Mom asked Sean as he took off his jacket and hung it on the coat rack.

"Don't worry about it Mom. It's nothing, really. Besides, I just let Y/n wait outside on the motorcycle." Sean replied, taking off his plaid shirt he had on as he walked into the kitchen.

"The police calling in the middle of the night is noting? Sean!" Mom asked, following Sean into the kitchen as he went to the fridge and grabbed a bottle of coke, tossing me a bottle of water to me as well.

We both walked into the living room to see Hank and Mom standing together.

"Hey, Sean. We gotta talk about this." Hank says, looking at Sean.

"Sorry to interrupt, but can I go take a shower?" I asked Mom and Hank.

"Sure, you can honey. I don't want you to catch a cold. Hank and I are going to talk to Sean." Mom said, as I grabbed my stuff and made my way upstairs to shower.

TIME SKIP

I just got finished showering and I was now changed and was now blow drying my hair when I suddenly hear Mom yelling.

"Sean! Sean!" Mom yelled, as I heard a door slam, indicating that Sean went into his room and slammed the door.

"Is everything okay, Mom?" I asked her, opening the bathroom door slightly.

"Everything is fine, honey. Go into your room and get some sleep. Okay?" She says, as I nod in response and went to my room, getting ready for bed.

THE NEXT DAY

Since it was the last day of school, I get to hang out at the house.

I opened my door to see Hank, knocking on Sean's door as he got a response saying that Sean isn't there.

"Hey, Hank." I greeted with a smile.

"Morning, Y/n." He greeted back with a smile, turning back to Sean's door.

"It's me. You busy?"

"Yes." Sean answered as Hank just opened his door so I just followed after him and entered his room.

We walked inside the room to see Sean on his desk working on something.

I sat on his bed as Hank sat on his desk, turning down the music, getting a look from Sean.

"What's all this business here?" Hank asked, pointing to the stuff on his desk.

"Nothing." Sean replied.

"Sean. Are you still working on finding out that secret message?" I ask, now making my presence to Sean.

"Yes."

"That's cryptogram. Right? Looks like Morse code." Hank asked Sean, pointing to the papers.

"Here, look. One syllable words are dots and 2 syllable words are dashes."

"Ok, then. What's it say?" Sean asked, looking at him like he doesn't know.

"Well. What's it for?"

"It's complicated."

"So is code." Hank said now repositioning to sit in a chair.

"Okay. Here's the deal. A few nights ago, a radio signal got sent off from somewhere and it could've been anywhere but these words playing on a loop." Sean said, now explaining it to Hank as he pointed to the coded message.

"Hip. Zorn. Strucks." Hank says, grabbing a pencil and pointing out the words.

"These are all characters taken from the books in Jules Verne so clearly the message was sent from a Vernian." I said, walking up to them.

"And my equipment wasn't powerful enough to receive the whole message so..." Sean continued until Hank interrupted him.

"So you broke into that satellite facility to reach your signal." Hank nodded, getting the understanding of it.

"Someone sent this message so Y/n and I are gonna be the ones to solve it. This is really important." Sea said, looking at the papers.

"Hey. You know what, guys? Why don't we solve this together?" Hank asked, looking between Sean and I.

"Fine." Sean said, giving up and letting Hank help out.