Chapter 10

SEAN'S POV

Right when we fell off the bee, I was really worried about Y/n.

We rolled on the ground and into the rock, making me scream in pain.

I look around to see Y/n but I couldn't find her.

Just then, Hank and the others run up to me.

"Sean. Talk to me." Hank said as he crouched down next to me.

"My ankle. I can't move it."

"This could be serious. I need to look at it. Where's Y/n?" He asked, looking around only to find her nowhere near us.

"I don't know. We fell off the bee and we rolled off into separate directions." I said, trying to ease the pain on my ankle.

"Y/n! Y/n!" Hank yelled, but no answer.

"We need to find her. Help me up." I told Hank as he helped me to my feet.

"Guys! I found her!" Kailani yelled, not too far from where I was at.

We went to where Kailani was at and found her crouching down to Y/n who was unconscious and had blood dripping down her face.

"Y/n!" Hank and I yelled in unison as we both crouched down next to her.

"What happened to her?" Gabato asked, looking at Y/n who wasn't even moving an inch.

"We don't know yet. We have to help them." Hank told us as Kailani threw my arm up over her shoulder so I could lean on her for support.

"Not here. This part of town is even more dangerous after dark." Grandpa said, looking at Y/n as Hank started to pick her up bridal style.

"Now, come on." Grandpa said as we followed him to a safe place.

TIME SKIP

It was now dark and Hank was now helping me with my ankle.

"How are they doing?" Kailani asked, looking at my ankle.

"Sean's ankle is dislocated pretty bad and as for Y/n, she dislocated her elbow but it's not too bad and We don't know if she's going to wake up. She might be in a coma so she might not wake up for a few more days. We might be here for a while." Hank said, glancing at Y/n in worry.

"Well. We'll go get some water."

"We're going to have to pop it back in, buddy."

"Okay, let's do it." I said, clearly not ready for them to pop it back in.

"Alexander, I'll brace him. You do it on 3?" Hank asked Grandpa who agreed and was getting ready to pop it back into place.

"Ready? 1..." Just then, I feel a huge pain, indicating that he popped it back in.

"What happened to 2 and 3?" Hank asked, as I now started to panic.

"Yeah. What happened to 2 and 3?" I asked, now looking at Grandpa.

"2...3. Wasn't so bad." He said, making me shake my head.

"It wasn't very good. Do we have anything for the pain?" I asked as Hank started to look through a bin.

"There's nothing in here." Hank said as Grandpa walked off and sat next to Y/n who was still not awake.

"All right, buddy. There you go. Okay." Hank said as he started to wrap something around my ankle.

"We have this." Grandpa said, pulling out an ukulele.

"No, no, no." I told him, shaking my head.

"Don't worry. I don't sing to dudes underneath the stars in front of a cozy fire. It's not my style."

"Good."

"You can sing?"

"A little bit."

"Brilliant. Music is nature's painkiller. Sing him a song."

"No."

"Yeah. Come on." Grandpa said, urging Hank to sing.

"Okay. Don't worry. I have something special for you. Especially for Y/n." He said, chuckling as he grabbed the ukulele from Grandpa.

He sat down next to Grandpa and started tuning the ukelele before singing, making me look at him in a weird expression.

It then turned out to be good and funny, making me smile.

TIME SKIP

I woke up and somehow, I feel my hand touching something wet.

"Hank. Hank. Get up." I told him as we all started to get up.

"Something is wrong here. Everybody up!" Hank yelled as I walked towards Y/n only to find her still unconscious.

"Where did all this water come from?" Kailani asked, looking at the water on the ground.

"The liquefaction rate tripled overnight."

"What's that mean?"

"It means it's sinking a lot faster than we thought."

"I thought you said a couple of days." Granpa said, looking at Hank.

"Now more like a couple of hours."

"A couple of hours?"

"We need to get to that sub or we'll all be 20,000 leagues under the sea." Hank said, as he went to Y/n, slowly picking her up.

"Papa? Papa? Papa? Papa! He's gone." Kailani said as she went to find Gabato.

"Stay calm. He's probably gone for a pee." Grandpa said as Kailani rolled her eyes.

"Oh, no. Oh, no. Ugh. Last night, he promised me he'd send me to college. Now I know what he meant. He's going after the mountain of gold. Look, I gotta go get him. You guys head to the sub. If we're not there in time, leave without us." Kailani said, getting her things ready.

"No way. You're not going alone. I'll go with you." I told Kailani but Hank interrupted me.

"Sean. You have a dislocated ankle, that's 4 miles."

"No, it's fine. I can do it. It'll be okay." I told Hank, hopping on my foot.

"No, Sean, he's right. You're in no condition to make that trip."

"Well, she can't go alone." I told him, pointing towards Kailani.

"Then I'll go with her. I'm the one who called you and Y/n to this island. It's my fault that you guys are in this quagmire. If this map of our is right, then the trident cliff should be about a mile and a half in that direction." He said, pointing towards another direction.

"You get to the Nautilus as soon as you can and then meet us on the shoreline." Grandpa told Hank.

"We have one map." I said when Hank walked towards me.

"Here, let me see your phone." He said, slowly setting Y/n on the ground as I passed him my phone.

He then went to Grandpa and took a picture of the map.

"Now we have 2."

"Hank. Well done."

"Thank you for calling me Hank."

"Anytime."

I then feel something touching my hand. I look down to see Kailani holding my hand.

"Be careful." She told me before following Grandpa into the ppposite direction.

"Ready, Sean?" Hank asked as he held Y/n in her arms.

"Yeah." I told him as we started to walk towards the other direction.