Chapter 13

6 MONTHS LATER

We were all sitting in the living room celebrating Sean's birthday.

Mom was sitting next Hank and I was sitting next to Sean when Kailani walks in.

"Hello! Hey guys. I'm sorry I'm late." Kailani says as we all greet her.

"Come here a second." Sean says as he grabs Kailani's hand and brings her into the dining room. 

"You raised a great man." Hank said as he sidehugs Mom.

"We are raising a great man." Mom replies, looking up at Hank since she was a little bit shorter.

We all sit down on the couch, ready for Sean to open his gifts.

"Open this one first." Mom says as she hands Sean an envelope.

"Postmarked Cameroon?" Sean asks before opening it.

"I'll be right back." I say before getting up and walking to the front door where Grandpa was.

"Come on, Grandpa. He's opening your present." I whispered, grabbing his wrist and slowly dragging him to the living room.

"Oh, it's from Grandpa. He wants to give me his present next time he sees me." Sean says as they all chuckle.

"I think he wants to give it to you now." I said, out loud as all look towards Grandpa and I.

"Well, don't just sit there. Applaud!" Grandpa yells out as Sean get up and gives Grandpa a hug.

Soon enough, they all went to hug Grandpa.

"Can't believe you're here."

"I wouldn't miss your birthday for the world. Besides, Y/n here called me up and told me to come here for your birthday for a surprise." He says, looking at Sean and putting an arm around me and rubbing my arm.

"I wanted to give you this." He said as he took out a wrapped up present in a shape of a book.

"A book?"

"Oh, it's not just a book. It's a trip I want us all to go on. All of us, as a family." He says as Sean smiles and starts to open the present.

He grabs the book and looks at Hank and I as he turns it around. 

"From the Earth to the moon." Sean says as we all smile.

"What do you say?"

"Well, I think there's only one thing to say." Kailani says as Sean looks at her with a smile.

"So, who's up for an adventure?" Sean asks, putting the book down.

"No! No! No!" Mom exclaims, not really wanting to to the adventure.

"Oh, honey, what could possibly go wrong?" Hank asks Mom.

"Yeah, it's only the moon." I say with a smile as I meet Sean next to the book as he opens it to the first page.

THE END