Prologue

[??? POV]

Opening my eyes, the world was dark before me.

I found myself standing on the high ground above the city while camoflauged in the darkness. The cold light of the full moon hits me from behind as the wind fluttered against my scarf. I was back where I started.

Bringing my hands up, I pulled the mask over my face.

I know all the future but I can never change the predestined ending.

How powerless I felt. How pointless it is, this endless cycle of destruction that everyone was oblivious to. There was really no point in fighting anymore but the spirit inside me refused to let go.

And so my body moved...obeying the orders she gave me. What choice do we have?

[Your POV]

Various images flashed in your unconcious mind.

...

But they were all a blur.

...

You let out a groan as you sat up from what you thought was a mattress. Grabbing it, you felt dry sand falling out between your fingers.

Is this a...no it feels too real to be a dream.

You stood bare foot against the ground and briefly absorbed what was going on around you. For some reason you remained calm, so much to the point it scared you a little. That was the only thing you feared at the moment.

"Hmm but how did I get here?" Tapping your chin, you wondered curiously. You closed your eyes trying to piece together the recent memories. They began replaying like an old video; showing the empty hall, your bored expression then a man in black wearing a red mask.

That man reached out his hand.

And you took it.

Would I ever accept an invitation from a man I never knew?

You concluded that there was a slight chance that you weren't yourself. It was like he was pulling you in, similar to a portal, "This kind of phenomenon is very possible actually, considering the era I was born in."

After figuring out what you could, you decided to move onto another subject: this world you have been transported in. It was a new place and you were wearing new clothes. Just when you thought you were alone, a voice called at you.

"There she is!"

Sensing the danger, you immediately took off, the new attire you wore was perfect for running in a biome like this.

"Oh no she's getting away!"

"Please stop. We come in peace."

You gave their direction a side glare. Though, it amused you how these three men dressed in black chose to sneak behind you yet claimed that they come in peace.

Heh, kinda feels familiar, doesn't it.

[Third POV]

"Awww man great job Cole, now she thinks we're a bunch of kidnappers," Jay complained.

"I'm the kidnapper? You're the one that yelled about her getting away." Cole retorted.

Before the argument could escalate, Zane interrupted, "Everyone please do not forget why we are here. It's not safe for anyone to be running at night, she may be in danger by now." Wasting no more time, he slid down the sand hill and the other two followed.