Chapter 2: Difficult

[Third POV]

"You're all early today."

Nya told the boys but none of them said anything, they were too busy playing video games.

"Oh hey sis," Kai gave a delayed reply making his sister roll her eyes. When Garmadon was defeated, peace returned to Ninjago. There was nothing to motivate the ninjas to train at the moment.

"Can someone wakeup Jay? We need a fourth player," Cole said with eyes glued to the screen. Zane stood up and left silently.

Nya looks around the room, "Speaking of which, where's (Y/n)?"

Kai knitted his brows hearing her name, "Who cares, she betrayed us."

It was obvious that Kai still held some hostile feelings, knowing him, he was not the type to let go of his grudges easily.

"Sensei told me that Garmadon tricked her though," Nya reasoned, picking the right words to not anger her brother, "And she did save us at first."

"I saw her heading towards Jamanakai Village," Cole informed, "Someone should probably keep an eye on her."

Nya sighs, "Wasn't that your job?"

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

Refusing to join the boys club, Nya adventures on foot to the village. She wandered aimlessly, checking the display markets in hopes of running into (Y/n). A child dashed in front of her, causing Nya to stumble back. Her gaze follows the child and saw him join a group of other kids in ninja costumes.

He swung the plastic sword, "Take this evil lord!"

"Be careful with that thing Leo, I don't want to see you hurt," The mother scolds gently.

Nya watched the kids run near the fountain, where (Y/n) sat. She had her elbows on her lap and face resting on both of her hands. Her expression was unreadable as her eyes bore into the children playing.

She was so focused that she did not notice Nya coming to sit beside her.

"They're so cute, aren't they? Kinda reminds me of my brother and I," Nya commented to break the ice, her only response was a shrug, "Listen, I'm just really grateful that you saved me when you didn't have to. Can I ask why?"

"Hm," (Y/n) leans back and thought for a moment, "Take a guess, any answer is fine."

"Any answer?" She tilted her head, smiling bitterly, "How does that work?"

Leaving Nya confused, the girl chuckles to herself, "Doesn't matter, as long as it answers the question."

(Y/n) did not feel like dealing with people. They make things complicated and they most certainly won't help her find a way back home. In short, (Y/n) chose to stop caring about what others thought of her which is why she wanted nothing to do with the ninja.

"EVERYONE RUNNN! LORD GARMADON IS BACK!"

Except for Lord Garmadon. He had power and he had knowledge that might help. Hearing the name brought the village to a panic.

"I have to warn the others!!" Nya hurried off, leaving (Y/n) behind.

[Your POV]

When the others arrived, they found you hiding behind a fruit stand. The first person to approach you was Zane.

"You don't have to hide anymore," He assured with a smile, "We will take care of it."

Zane's gentle demeanour made you raise an eyebrow, "Hiding? This isn't the ideal hiding spot if you ask me."