black noises

THE heavy silence and some sort of lightning coming from the city of New York were the only things surrounding Daisy's bedroom at the moment. In spite of the fact of not ignoring that she was lying in bed. Having all her hair almost on place.

The clothes that she was wearing at the moment were a little wrinkled but she did not care.
Her face was looking serious but it was also accumulated with tiredness. Her lips were forming a thin line, yet she couldn't even form a smile.
Her green now getting red and swollen eyes, were staring straight at the ceiling as if it was the most interesting thing that she has ever laid her eyes on...

She just came from having dinner with her boyfriend and she was exhausted, yet, she couldn't even find the words to describe why she was feeling the way that she was... It was in a mix of desperation and disappointment, almost like if she was getting a depression phase for a moment... But deep down, she was aware that it was more than that.

When both arrived to the flat that they were sharing, their mood was serious. None of them wanted to really have a conversation. She didn't even want to go out that night because she knew that he was going to propose her to marry him and she didn't know if  she wasn't going to accept, but she did. Although, their excitement stopped when he couldn't help but receiving lots of phone calls. She obviously did get annoyed and she left the restaurant having him following her... He did apologise, but the only thing she was answering was that she didn't care at all anymore. And all she wanted was to go home.
When they arrived to their flat and they took the elevator, none of them said a word.

Thinking about it, it made that one tear started to fall down one of her eyes. She thanked, that she took her makeup off before laying on the bed after that...
Then, after barely hearing any type of sound, some calmed footsteps started to approach. It was Mathew, who was entering into their bedroom.
The first thing that he noticed, was that her composure was looking like if she wasn't feeling her best. He knew that something was going on, but he didn't want to sound too direct making her feel pressured or insecure.

"Hey, you ok?" A deep, concerning voice sounded making her almost to freak out on her pants. Rapidly, she raised her left hand, and she waved away the tear who was still falling down her face.
Mathew looked at her for a few seconds, and he then entered into the bathroom. Now leaving the background noise of some footsteps on the marble floor...
The first thing that he did when they arrived home a few minutes ago, was to make a quick phone-call to his mother. Then he entered to their bedroom not actually expecting her, looking quite depressed, kind of like if she was gonna cry or break in tears...
He felt good because he finally proposed to her and she accepted, however, she didn't seem like if she was happy at all.
Meanwhile, he was in the bathroom, washing his face and teeth, he started to wonder about it, but his mind wasn't having any type of coherent answers.

When Daisy started to hear the vibration of his toothbrush on, she decided to close her eyes and then she took a deep breath to then sigh deeply.
Her chest raised slowly and the it lowered the same way.

"Yeah... Just tired." Daisy's lowered voice sounded around the bedroom as an echo.
Her throat was feeling some pressure and it was getting painful at some point...
On one hand, not knowing why, she started to feel like if her heart was tearing apart and she wanted to cry. However, she couldn't even explain why.
Mathew on the other hand, he was feeling alright. But, he was just feeling extremely confused about why she seemed so blue.
After a while, the vibration sound stopped and she heard the lighting button of the bathroom turning off. So, she then placed herself on the bed, sitting now on the edge of it.

"Just tired, huh...?" Mathew asked with a soft grin marked on his face. He was walking towards the bed again so, he could sit next to her and talk about it.
Few seconds later, and she still didn't have a coherent response...
He was looking at her but she was having her chin lowered. Not after Mathew held her right hand, she then answered.