cancellation

RAINDROPS were falling down the glass windows of the balcony of the bedroom. Adam was sitting down on the padded couch that was nearby the bed and also in front of the bathroom as well. He was feeling anxious and quite stressed out just because his fiancé Aurbrey was inside the bathroom getting prepared for their date night.
It was something she liked to plan quite often, so, they could have some time on their own... But what she didn't know was that even if Adam seemed comfortable doing whatever she had on mind. He didn't used to enjoy the idea of her planning everything, and controlling him like if she was his manager or some type of boss. Obviously, he couldn't say a word about it, because he knew she would end up getting really upset.

"So, baby, did you put the blue tie then?" Aubrey cooed from inside of the bathroom.
Adam, when he heard her voice, he couldn't help but sigh deeply, like if he was feeling exhausted.

"I couldn't find it. I put the black one instead." Adam explained himself. His words sounded separately, with long pauses in between. Like if he was scared of making her angry. He then, placed both his elbows on his knees, to then placing his head on the palm of his hands. Adam was getting tired within seconds, and they weren't even at the restaurant yet. He couldn't resist in getting into his thoughts. He was feeling bored, and overwhelmed at the same time... He wished he could put on his pyjamas, next taking the soft and warm blankets and wrapping himself with them until falling asleep.

"... Did you even listen to a word I said?" Aurbrey's voice sounded then of sudden, making him jump.

"No, sorry." He apologised, feeling ashamed while placing his composure correctly, before she couldn't correct him as she always used to... She frowned to then, letting out a deep sight.

"...What were you telling me?" Adam told, while turning his body around. She was right on her own side of the bed while taking her brand purse, that was placed on the bedside table.

"...Anything." She muttered lowly, just making him feel insecure and uncomfortable. He knew that sooner or later, she would spit anything she wanted to tell him.

Without sharing a word, both left their apartment and they decided to take a taxi. On the way to the restaurant, the environment inside the vehicle felt heavy, like if it was having sort of tension around... Even if she was having at some points of the ride her hand placed on his knee, deep down he knew Aubrey could felt the tension going on between them as well...
Thirteen minutes later, when they arrived to the restaurant, both looked distant or at least that's how she felt.

Everything was planned, she wanted this date to be as special as any other date they ever have had before. The atmosphere of the restaurant felt cozy, with the yellowish lightning, coming out of the flames of the candles, that were placed on the sides of every table of the restaurant. The settle piano music sounding backwards felt warming and once they entered in, they felt welcomed.

As they entered in, the receptionist asked them if they booked for a table, and also with which name was it booked. All of this was always prepared by her, but she always used to choose his name instead of her own for the reservation. After a while, of being already sitting down and already have chosen what they would like to eat for dinner, he started to ignore her unconsciously.

"Adam..." Aubrey called with a soft voice, making him to raise his head from his apple watch to glance at her. He didn't give her a response, he just focused his eyes on hers. His face expression was serious, making her feel weird.

"I was wondering... We've been engaged for quite a long time now." She gasped while undoing the napkin, so, she could place it on her knees. Adam's eyes were focused on the piece of cloth that she was placing carefully on her knees. She was trying so hard to not to keep eye contact with him or she would've felt worse. Whereas, on the other hand, he was focused on any action that she was doing.
Adam hearing her words, he couldn't help himself but drinking some water from his glass. He was expected to know about what she was referring to...