TWO

Awakening in the dead of night with the soft blue light of the moon peeking out from behind the curtains. Chuuya sat up looking around the living room, noticing how the bandage-wasting-device was no longer next to him. A tinge of worry began to fill the ginger's mind once again. Getting up from his spot on the floor he began searching the apartment, calling out for the brunet's name. "Dazai?!" Chuuya yelled out again only to be met with even more silence.

Walking down the hallway of the dimly lit apartment, he noticed the bathroom door shut all the way, only no light peeking out from underneath. Going over to the door, Chuuya turned the knob trying to open it only to find it locked tight. "Dazai? Open the door!" the ginger demanded, pounding harshly on the wood. After a few more seconds of no response, the worst thought began to circle throughout his mind.

"Dazai?!" Chuuya yelled louder, his voice shaky from the anxiety. Stepping back, he kicked his foot towards the door breaking some pieces of wood off as it swung open, hitting the wall behind it. Straight ahead of him, Chuuya froze at the sight laid out before his eyes. There in the bathtub laid Dazai, blood running down his arm hitting the floor with a sickening drop. He noticed how his bandages were thrown messily all over the bathroom ground, blood smeared across the floor leading up to where his lover lied. The Moon being the only source of light in the room shining softly on Dazai's pale face.

Running over to the dead-looking brunet, Chuuya put his fingers to his neck already knowing the answer but still hoping there could be a pulse only to find nothing. Tears began to pour out from his blue eyes, running down his soft pale cheek as he helplessly sat there on the floor holding onto the brunet's limp hand. He knew that worst had happened, Dazai finally got the thing he longed so desperately for, death.

Chuuya awoke to the feeling of tears streaming down his face, his breathing was slightly rapid and his heart was beating wildly. "Chuuya?" He heard a voice come from next to him, turning his head to look he saw Dazai sitting at the edge of the bed with a slightly worried expression. "Wh-why are you still here?" Chuuya asked, turning his head away in embarrassment. "Hmm?" Dazai hummed, leaning to the side to try and see the gingers face.

"You were calling out my name in your sleep. Were you dreaming of me Chibi?" Dazai smirked already knowing the answer. "Shut up. The last thing I'd ever dream of would be you." he lied, wiping the tears off his face. "Don't be so mean to me Chuuya! I'm still recovering from my failed suicide attempt!" Dazai frowned, dragging out the midget's name. Looking back annoyed at Dazai, Chuuya got out of bed looking down at his clothing in embarrassment.

"The hell did you do to me shitty Dazai?" the ginger felt his face heat up as he looked down at the white shirt that hung loosely around his petite body. "Chuuya your clothing were all damp last night! I couldn't let you go to sleep like that..." Dazai defended himself as Chuuya's expression slightly softened. He hadn't expected him to do something like that. And was he awake last night? "I don't want you taking off my clothes when I'm not conscious you bastard."

Dazai let a smirk come across his face as he heard those words. "So are you saying I can take off your clothing while you're conscious?" he moved closer, "No you pervert!" the shorter male yelled with embarrassment as he turned around to hide his face. "Hmm..Chuuya?" Dazai said, the room going quiet for a second before Chuuya responded 'what' the word coming out a little harsher than he wanted.

"Did you miss me?" The question had caught the man off guard as his eyes slightly widened. "Haven't thought of you a day since you left." Turning to face the brunet, Chuuya held eye contact with him as it seemed like Dazai was searching his eyes for any lies before looking away. "I see." He simply responded, having seemingly found what Chuuya said true. "Why'd you do it?" The ginger suddenly asked, Dazai looking as he was lost in thought for a moment.

"Loneliness," and it was true, he was lonely. He'd been lonely ever since he left the ginger, and to say he regretted leaving him was a big understatement. Dazai had regretted leaving Chuuya more than anything in the world. It was a stupid decision to begin with, but he had to protect him. He would rather end up breaking Chuuya's own heart than having to lose him to whatever stupid thing Mori had planned for him. Chuuya hadn't said anything for a while as he seemed to be lost in his own thoughts, he didn't really know what to say back to Dazai.

And more than anything, he knew the harsh feeling of loneliness more than anyone. After all, Dazai was his only close friend in the Port Mafia all those years ago, and when he left, Chuuya had basically no one. So maybe Dazai was just like him, lonely. "You're lonely?" The ginger asked, looking over to the brunet who was humming something. "Ever since I left." Now Chuuya could feel himself starting to get angry. "Then why did you?" he spat, voice filled with hurt.

"You know why Chuuya. It would've been me or you anyways." The brunet told him, only confusing him more. "The hell are you talking about shitty Dazai?" Chuuya asked, not understanding what the idiot was going on about. "Mori." he paused for a moment, "He found out.." So that's why he had left.

"You could've at least told me! who the fuck just disappears for four years out of nowhere?!" Chuuya was yelling now, trying to hold back the tears that so desperately wanted to escape his eyes. "Mori had something planned out for you. Knowing how you would never disobey an order of his, he was gonna use it against you for something. I ended up making a deal with him that If I left the Port Mafia he would leave you alone."

Chuuya stood there in shock for a few moments finding the whole situation overwhelming. He was not only mad at Dazai now but also Mori, he felt a sting of betrayal on how the Port Mafia boss would use his loyalty like that. "Chuuya-" Dazai tried speaking only to stop when he noticed the tears coming down from the other's face. "I need some time to think." He said before going to leave the room. Dazai would've tried to follow after him but knowing Chuuya he'd probably wants to be left alone.