ㅣㅣㅣ

Petunia had enrolled Harry in a nearby kindergarten that Dudley used to go to. It was a public school that wasn't the best but still a good school in general. She drove Harry there and couldn't help but feel a bit sad seeing him waddle out the car doors. Before he left, Petunia made sure to tell him to control his magic and be on his best behavior or else no dessert for a month. Now that may not seem like much, but for Harry, that was a brutal punishment.

The teacher kindly greeted him and told him to sit down on any colored shape on the rug he wanted. Some kids were already claiming their spot, so Harry sat in a classic red circle. The rug was fairly large with different colored shapes neatly lined up.

He picked at the rug and looked around, this was a very new experience for Harry and he didn't enjoy it. He has never spoken to anyone other than the Dursley's and he barely spoke to the Dursley's themselves. He was filled with discomfort knowing he would have to speak and play with others in this room.

Soon enough, everyone was settled and the teacher came up to the front of the rug. She clapped her hands and started her little welcome speech, Harry stayed quiet during all of this. The teacher was very cheerful and it wasn't just a fake type of cheerful, the teacher looked like she was genuinly happy to be there.

After she finished her little welcome speech, everyone got in a circle as she ordered and gave the students directions on what to do.

The kids were supposed to introduce themselves and name one thing they really like. It was fine for all the other kids but Harry had never felt so nervous in his entire life. He already knew what he was going to say, the actual hard part was speaking in front of the other kids.

One by one, the kids said their names and so on. Harry practiced what he was going to say and watched others go first, soon enough, it was his turn to speak. He was silent for a moment, the teacher encouraged him to talk thinking he was just shy.

"Go ahead, don't be shy."
"Hi, uhh...I Harry and I like stuff."
"..."

Now that may not seem like much, but Harry let out a sigh of relief and felt as if a boulder was lifted off of him.

The teacher was going to ask Harry to be a bit more specific but she saw how nervous he was and decided they can work on it at a later time.

"Okay...That was great, Lenna it's your turn sweetie."

The day went on with the kids playing with toys and games. Some made friends with others almost immediately, others kept to themselves like Harry.

It's not that Harry didn't want friends, he just doesn't know what they were and how to make them. He's only ever seen them in picture books, seeing the other kids make friends so easily shocked him a bit. In the end he stuck to himself just like some of the others and played with a music box.

He learned about snack time, nap time, activity time, play time and learning time. He didn't necessarily enjoy activity time because of all the singing and dancing but it was just one of those things you had to deal with, and that's what he did.

At the end of the day, it was time for the teacher to meet each child seperately. They needed to gather data on the kids and see some of their personality. The teacher had 5 minutes to speak to each kid about anything they wanted. This was mostly so she could get a bit closer to the children and see how well they can communicate with others.

She would lead a kid to a seperate table outside the classroom and then ask them to either tell her about themselves or if they want to share anything interesting with her. She would check off names as each 5 minute session ended.

"That was a very interesting story about your pet rock Lenna! Take one lollipop on the way out and wait with Mrs. Bell over there."
"Bye Mrs. Brown! I'll tell you more about Rocky tomorrow!"